Sign in to follow this  
red930

Had to let a new hire go after one week

They do it so the previous employee doesn't sue them for defamation of character.

Well, I know most places have laws that say your previous employer can't say anything bad about you but they can decline to comment. If they actually gave a good reference though then maybe he knew the manger really well or something...who knows.

Man I have rebuilt my PC stoned as a monkey with a beer sitting nearby and I still wouldn't be that dumb. NO amount of schooling can learn someone Common Sense its a gift you either have or don't have.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

and in toronto, most of the teens / early adults lack common sense, except me ;) lol

On a Higher note....

If you allow smoke breaks...it doesnt say it needs to be a tobacco break....? maybe he got confused...

Maybe you should keep a bong on your desk and if they look at it alot and drool maybe you should pass...lol

I am reminded of those plastic balls with the shapes cut out that you give kids and then you give them blocks of various shapes to insert and 2 year olds seem to get it no problem. I mean when the wifes family hound me day after day about their computers and I open them up and re-seat things they are like "wow" and I tell them there is nothing in a PC you can put in the wrong way, everything is shaped for one way insertion or color coded.

$14 - $18 per hour is a good weeks wage, he screwed up a job I would have killed for at that age. Dumbass

Guest SuppA-SnipA

hey, same here, people are amazed when i work lol

Drug testing costs money so many small business owners with small staff requirements don't take that step.

My simple rule is that new-hires must prove their chops on the bench. They are required to sign a waiver that if they don't ask questions and have their work reviewed before applying power, they are responsible for the hardware and the cost plus their lost labor will come out of their check.

I've never had a new tech release the magic smoke on their dime.

Drug testing costs money so many small business owners with small staff requirements don't take that step.

My simple rule is that new-hires must prove their chops on the bench. They are required to sign a waiver that if they don't ask questions and have their work reviewed before applying power, they are responsible for the hardware and the cost plus their lost labor will come out of their check.

I've never had a new tech release the magic smoke on their dime.

Can't say fairer that that.

I relate the reaction you get from the smell of the "magic smoke", to a mother of a newborn when she is instinctively aware that her baby is in trouble. You will move like a Ninja through the house to rip out that power cord lol