Can this board kill my power supply?

I was trying to switch out my brother's old motherboard with my DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D,and I forgot to check the PSU. He turned it on and it made some beeps, then he turned it off, so I switched everything back to the old motherboard and the system wouldn't turn on. The power button did nothing, I checked all the mobo-case connections and they were all fine still the power button did nothing. Is it possible that the NF4 ultra-D could have somehow killed my old PSU?

What kind of PSU was it?

The DFI NF4 boards require a min 480W native 24pin PSU, most cheap PSUs aren't up to the task. It's not the the motherboard would fry the PSU, but rather the PSU can't supply enough juice and gives out.

I was trying to switch out my brother's old motherboard with my DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D,and I forgot to check the PSU.

This is suspicious to me. What does this mean?

What was the PSU? If it was a POS PSU not adequate for a DFI Ultra-D well the possibility is there. If I’m reading this correctly.

Yeah the power supply was a Roswell 300w that came with another case so it was pretty crappy. I forgot to check it before swapping out the motherboards. The motherboard LED still shows u if I plug it into the DFI, but I can't power up either the DFI or the old motherboard now. Is it possible that the PSU is dead then?