Sign in to follow this  
TheReaper

What's better quality, crt or lcd monitors?

I would go with the Acer also. I was an early adopter of Acer LCD's on several customer builds, and to the person every one of them is 100% satisfied.

Not knocking the Fujitsu/Seimens brand, just don't have any experience with them. But I can assure you that the Acer will knock your socks off.

Good luck.

Great monitor, just one thing, well two actually, it has max res of 1680x1050 60Hz whereas my 8800gts max res of 2560x1600 (Is there a 22" with similar res to card) and I was going to get a second Acer when I was told that in SLI you can't run two monitor multi view. Is that so?

You wont get a 22" with that kind of resolution, 30" is what you will need.

Yeah you can't run an SLi setup with 2 monitors :(

reaper,

do you plan on doing any gaming with this rig? if so you might actually need SLi if you go with a 30" monitor in order to play at the monitor's native resolution AND keep decent frame rates.

remember, as your monitor resolution increases, your FPS decreases. try some of your favorite gaming titles at 1680X1050 and see what kind of frame rates you are getting at that resolution with your 8800gts.

WOW, can't believe how low the framerate is at 1680x960 on R6:Vegas, even with my setup and oc's. Seems like 1 fps

Use FRAPS to measure the actual frame rate in game. 1fps surely isn't right. If it is there is another issue here, driver, SLi compatibility or game patch required.

You've got a hard core system that should blow through just about every title there is right now.

On the topic of monitor choices, I would personally go with Samsung. I have a fetish with them right now, they have been making good products in my book; and I own a 206BW (20.1" with 2ms response time, and dynamic contrast ratio (if the image is dark, the backlight dims to make it even darker, and vice versa)). They make a 22" of the exact same monitor, the 226BW. native res is 1680x1050, which is more than enough landscape to do a million things.

Don't try to find a monitor that matches your GPUs 'max resolution'. It is not similar to finding a background that matches your monitors resolution; the higher res you get, the less frames you get (as stated above).