Angry's rant + homework

Angry_Games

Can you imagine going into a bank in Texas or Florida that is full of depositors, all of whom may be carrying, and announcing you are going to rob it? :eek:

Can you also imagine the needless bloodbath that would ensue, your money is insured.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you also imagine the needless bloodbath that would ensue, your money is insured.

That could ensue. I don't think people give enough credit to the vast majority of gun-owners for having a brain.

There is a reason we cannot let guns be outlawed, there is a reason that they were protected back in the day.

Namely, the people need to have power in the off chance the government really does need to be overthrown yet again. Imagine if nobody had weapons how much easier it would be for the government to crush any resistance to becoming a complete totalitarian state.

Yeah, there are always going to be people killing other people for little to no reason. There might even be a lot more dying right now simply because of the availability of guns. Unfortunately it has to be this way to protect everyone else and what rights we still have.

It's somewhat tiring seeing the boner some people get about the Constitution and the Founding Fathers. Don't get me wrong, they did a great job. But people act like they were completely infallible. They screwed up horribly in one area though. Maybe the next time around it'll be done right.

/leaves thread forever (hopefully)

Your right, of course they had no clue when they made those laws. It all seemed right and truthfully honest at the time, but the amount of loopholes is laughable. Wealth completely circumvents all laws today, having an awesome lawyer is the difference between prison and freedom not actual guilt or innocence.

Those days however when a gun could have overthrown a government are long gone dude. Guns nowadays change nothing, having a vote and an opinion and the bravery to express it whatever the regime of the time is far more powerful. Look at that little dude who stood infront of the tank in Tiananmen Square, that did way more to hurt that government than any amount of bullets. On the other hand, your not allowed to have your own fleet of tanks or jet fighters cause then you would be a threat to those in power so from our government stand point allowing people to have guns only hurts the people, it doesn't threaten the government in the slightest, like handing peashooters to kids, the only ones that get hurt are other kids.

I don't for one second think that anyone that has a gun is an idiot bro I don't want anyone to take it that way. I said if you think you are safer for having one then you are wrong.

If a person that is armed with a gun is faced with a person that is unarmed then they are much less likely to shoot that person than if they stood there with a beretta.

I will stand by the fact, its better to have a door a thief or attacker cant break down or shoot through or a state of the art security system to insure your families safety than a gun in the house.

Im not a believer in violence but im not gonna stand idly by either if the situation warrants it. I put my families safety way above that of my pride as im sure you do also, but im still a man and to the person that hurts or kills my family, well, revenge is a dish best served cold, and I have been known to throw a quick salad together.

I'm gonna repeat some things that are oft said;

"When owning a gun is a crime, only the criminals will have guns".

We have been so successful at ebbing the flow of illegal substances and illegal people into the United States that we would surely be so successful at stopping firearms.

"They will take my guns over my dead body".

Do I agree with both of those often quoted statements? Absolutely. They are one reason the only way to invade and eventually conquer the US would be through the use of nuclear weapons, other advanced military technology or shear overwhelming numbers (read China). If our country were ever invaded the invading forces would be in the same situation we are in over in the middle east, with seemingly every other citizen and every militant armed. And I personally still believe in the validity of everyday citizens keeping their government in check through the right to bear arms. Wish I could credit the author or writer but it escapes me now;

"our freedom is purchased through the blood of a patriot"

Face it folks, evil or mentally unstable people who want to kill, WILL kill. The only thing that changes will be the method of mayhem. Should ordinary citizens be armed? Those that are legally entitled to own a firearm and even carry concealed weapons should legally be able to if they so choose.

A recent example of the benefit of owning and carrying a concealed weapon is the recent shooting and killing of a nutcase who had went to a church with the intent of killing people, whom himself was shot by a woman that had a concealed and carry permit BEFORE he was able to kill dozens or more people.

Another thing we have to face is that our society is sick, humanity in large part is sick (many always have been and always will be). But that isn't the fault of the gun. The gun is only a tool that can be used for good or bad. No more so than a sword, a knife, a tank, a bomb, a piece of rope or even the hands for that matter.

We have a small farm out in the country, our only public protection is provided by the Sheriff's department whose office and jail is 20 miles from our place. In August of 2006 we had an attempted break-in, fortunately the dead bolt held long enough for me to set the clip and chamber a round in my 9mm, when the door did give way the would be thief (or worse) was quite surprised when I fired a round over his head through the now broken and open front door. While all this was happening my wife was calling the Sheriff's department via 911, thankfully they showed up almost 30 minutes after receiving the call.

Just in time to take a report that we could later file with our insurance company to have our door, door jamb and locks replaced. Did owning a gun prevent us from a theft, assault, a murder? We'll never now, but I wouldn't want to consider the consequences if I weren't able to protect myself and my family.

i would think they have done a great job if i was american....

its kinda wrong for a whole people to go by those rules knowing they are following something made by people who didnt have a clue ....

Namely, the people need to have power in the off chance the government really does need to be overthrown yet again.

Honstly dude if you can live with the symptomen 'bush' ill get you the biggest gun roket thingy out there....

not that its any of my business but i think it might be time for an election...;)

Wow, someone else has finally mentioned the Amero. :) You'd be surprised how few people have heard of this, including those whom you'd think would be up on the latest news pertaining to the North American economies.

Here are a few interesting articles to read, in the mean time:

http://www.projectcensored.org/censored_2007/index.htm

http://www.projectcensored.org/censored_2006/index.htm

I get an impression of increasing apathy among people, which is amazing given the amounts of information we have at our disposal (even if it takes some effort to sift through it).

If you live out in very rural areas then that has its exceptions as the nearest cop being 30 mins away is quite a scary thought, but restrictions have to be made in densely populated areas.

Heres one for ya:

If the law was changed by popular democratic vote and guns were made illegal, would you use deadly force in order to keep them?

Very interesting stuff there Bill....

Glad to see that the liberals have moved thier base from Berkley to Sonoma. Probably a good strategic move since Berkley has come under fire for asking the local Marine Corps recruiting office to close it's doors since they are such a pacifist community.

And don't try to play me on that front. I lived the majority of my life on the east side of the Bay (Oakland to be exact) - original home of the Black Panthers and other seedy types.

As far as I'm concerned, it you don't like the United States, then immigrate to some other country that is more inline with your own personal convictions. I've traveled the world over several times, and I can tell you, from the countries I've worked in their isn't any other place I'd rather live. In fact I thank God everytime I get home that I live in such a great country.

I've traveled the world over several times, and I can tell you, from the countries I've worked in their isn't any other place I'd rather live. In fact I thank God everytime I get home that I live in such a great country.

It's easy to bash everyone for everything they do. Thanks for being a voice of reason here wevsspot.

NP Mac,

Not sure whether you're being a smarty britches or paying a genuine compliment. I've worked in several different industries in the engineering and quality fields over the last 26 years. I've traveled to Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, Turkey, Hungary and Mexico and there isn't a single place I've visited that compelled me to wish I was a citizen of anywhere other than the United States. Canada was the closest, but that was only because every sentence there ended with an "eh" :)

And don't try to play me on that front. I lived the majority of my life on the east side of the Bay (Oakland to be exact) - original home of the Black Panthers and other seedy types.

If you're talking about the links I posted, I was not responding/referring to you at all - I was responding to the original poster.

Looking back at your postings on gun control, I'm not in a position to agree or disagree given where I'm from (meaning a life time where I do not understand what it means to have a right to bear arms). That said, it did make me think back to something that happened here in 1970 called the "October Crisis", where something called the "War Measures Act" was temporarily activated - this meant seizure and jail for anyone with no questions asked. This could happen again, and not many here people think about it, but it does leave me uneasy.

By "apathy" I also was not meaning anyone in this thread.

Was being serious. You aren't the first person I've heard say those words.

Considering the condition of Burma (Myanmar, whatever), Darfur, and North Korea I will say with pride that I am sitting at my chair with America's Best Dance Crew playing the background drinking a home-grown Sam Adams Light and enjoying the tunes that, well, I actually did pay for.