Wonder Woman was here

red930

Yeah, there's a couple of C-130 images over to the right.

I was told that the C-130 image is caused by the tarmac fading outside of the shadow. If you look at the C-130 parked just to the right of the two "shadow" locations you can see the pattern on the ground. The larger "shadow" image would account for the sun position changing during the year.

No one has been able to explain the "shadow" image of the P-3 Orion that looks like the Wonder Woman jet.

I think I have and idea about this.

When taken satellite images its done in a series of passes. It may take a couple hours or even days to get the all images for a complete area image. This could account for the ghost images because of the overlap. The planes where in first satellite pass and then gone in the next.

OMG, the Plane! The Plane!! You actually did find it. Grats Rhoadie. You know if you move two parsects to the right you can just make out Amelia Airheads crashed plane as well. Right there in the Lower left quadrant. See it?

I think I have and idea about this.

When taken satellite images its done in a series of passes. It may take a couple hours or even days to get the all images for a complete area image. This could account for the ghost images because of the overlap. The planes where in first satellite pass and then gone in the next.

Nope, but good thought!

The google images within cities or "areas of interest" are done in a single pass from high altitude aircraft then "stitched" together which is why you can see the other planes and even F-18 moving back to its static position. There aren't any alignment issues in the image that I can find.

Here's the alignment of different images close by from the original link...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geoc...7,0.004227&z=18

Besides the faint image is actually of a C-130 upon closer inspection.