Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neezer_merged

C++ compiler

Guest Neezer

So I am looking to do some light programming in c/c++.

I am wondering what a good compiler and stuff would be. I am running a latitude D620 laptop...

Last night I got visual C++ 9.0 through microsoft, but it seems like it is WAY too much for what I am doing. any ideas?

Guest Neezer

I have done a bit of c/c++....I took it as a class in school...I've also had to learn a bit of VBasic. MatLab as well...

really what I want to figure out is kind of silly i guess...

I have Risk II for my computer. I think the computer cheats when the dice roll...I want to write a program that will simulate risk battles with totally random dice rolls. just to check and see what should really happen over a long period of time.

I am on my way....I got through some of the complexity of the microsoft stuff, and found just the compiler and such so that I can just write a program and not have to worry about projects and all that other crap.

I do intend on writing more programs...possibly making a text based RPG of sorts....If there are a number of programmers here on the street, a forum for coding and that sort of thing might be useful. I feel like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help other. I am no genius at c/c++, but I do alright.

i want someone who can code in C++ and someone who can do 3d models and someone who can texture and we'll make a video game. A REALLY good multiplayer game that I started on a project with a long time ago...

our old project

ps the vendettastudios.com link is no longer owned by me, some jackass who thinks he's a hollywood director