Hsf Choice

lilkev715

I am going to start building another rig soon for a friend and I need some advice on which HSF to choose for his system. There will be some light overclocking done (2500+ oc'ed to 3200+), and noise is definately an issue. I was going to choose a Vantec Aeroflow or a SLK 900U/947U with a slow/medium speed 92mm case fan as both HSF are relatively quiet. The main concern is that my friend will be moving his case around a lot as he attends a lot of LAN parties. Which heatsink should I choose? The vantec aeroflow isn't too heavy(384grams) and it uses all 3 mounting clips on the socket. The SLK 900U/947U is pretty heavy but it can be mounted through the mobo mounting holes.

So basically, which would be a safer HSF to use? Remember that he will be moving his case around a lot.

He is going to be using a aluminum chieftec case without a removeable mobo tray. I told him to get a shuttle SFF, but he absolutely has to have the ability to store 4 hard drives. If anyone wants to know what mobo he is going to use it is this one.

Edited by lilkev715

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

if your going thermalright hands down a SP-97 with heat pipe pararell to the ground

it seems that the SP-97 is a hard find but if you can get one a slk series will do you well

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz