Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

True....

I am not as good as A_G or even Fogel for that mention...but they still let me play...come on guys...come on and play...

plus you get to hear everyone make fun of me for free...what more could you ask for...?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, you did better than me that game. I was sandbagging buildings ships. Which meant it took me longer attacking red. I attacked them with 1 Capital Ship 50% of the fight against their 5 at a time. lol Bastards were Vasari too so meant they had the same ship upgrades I did.

I dunno, you did better than me that game. I was sandbagging buildings ships. Which meant it took me longer attacking red. I attacked them with 1 Capital Ship 50% of the fight against their 5 at a time. lol Bastards were Vasari too so meant they had the same ship upgrades I did.

Yep...I did alright I think....beings I dont play much I sit around all week thinking about what else to try that may work...

Usually I end up broke with a poor economy and I never really do well in the game but I make it through somehow...

This time I just didnt do all my planets research...I just populated it to the max and only did Logistic upgrades enough to fill what I wanted...I didnt do any other upgrades at all...NONE

I did just enough to get me 2 trade ports per planet and get enough Civil research and Military research labs to get the trade ports and the JLS missile frigates and the Kodiac heavy cruisers...

I also only did enough Fleet research to occupy what i had...I did enough research to get 4-6 Cap ships and enough Fleet research to fill the army...

I had 5 capitol ships and 65 others...all I ever had...seems like my biggest military yet but it wasnt very taxing on my credits...

Seems to me if you do all the fleet research you are paying the usage for it even if you dont use it...so i only research when I need more...

Worked out well for me...still a little slow but I actually had alot of credits, metal and crystal this time....

Usually I end up broke with a poor economy and I never really do well in the game but I make it through somehow...

This time I just didnt do all my planets research...I just populated it to the max and only did Logistic upgrades enough to fill what I wanted...I didnt do any other upgrades at all...NONE

Seems to me if you do all the fleet research you are paying the usage for it even if you dont use it...so i only research when I need more...

Worked out well for me...still a little slow but I actually had alot of credits, metal and crystal this time....

I snipped a good portion of your post and kept the stuff I'm commenting on. Good philosophy for the most part ...definitely on the fleet size as that is where ALL your out going funds go before they get to you. Always maximize your population ASAP. There is a reason I made everyone's home planet start off with Maxed Population. :) Not only do you lower/eliminate waste to under development by increasing your population but you increase the amount of funds coming to you because more population = more taxes for j00! Gotta love the peasants. :angel:

Also work on the Explore Planet upgrade as well, especially on my Big Game Hunters map - you'll see why in the quotation I'm about to do.

For planets on the front lines do your Emergency upgrades. You don't do it and a few planets killers can clear you out. Even if you retake the planet/asteroid you have to re-invest into the same planet upgrades again. Not only that but you have to re-populate your planet, which takes time. Which means you just put a serious dent in your INC cashflow. Those small upgrades can give you enough time for your fleet to come back and save the day. I didn't use to do the upgrades either... but I do now.

I wanted to steal the two main themes of BGH: 1) Lots of Money, and 2) Chokepoints.

Artifacts and Planet Bonuses were significantly raised. Artifacts went from 15/100 to 50/100 and Planet Bonuses to 90/100. Again the point of this map is to be a trust-fund baby.

By the time I made it to the Desert Planet I had at least 5-7k each of Mineral & Crystal about 10k Credits. By the time I hit the asteroid I litterally couldn't spend it fast enough. I had at least 10 things cued up in Research, ships cued to Fleet Size limits and I still had too much money.

I am gonna take your suggestion and make a remix of the map, kinda like Mounds and Almond Joy. Instead of looking like a perfect spiral galaxy, I am gonna have phase lanes going from the tail end asteroids of the galaxy to each other, and I'm even considering linking up the Space Junk as another door into people's location. Asteroids make great defese outposts and Desert Planets get a lot of Tactical Slots so someone could still build up their defenses but it allow for some quick strikes early on in game.

Btw, everything goes well I should have this weekend off. Then I won't have a weekend off till June or later.

Old Maps received much needed updates.

New Maps added. (4 Players, 6 Players and 8 Players)

Also took Doc's suggestion on BGH and made a Remix edition so we can play the one with chokepoints and the one without. Because sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't!

I am on it for the weekend...I'll make sure I sleep in later so I can stay up longer...that way we can play and you guys can make fun of me again...lol

man those maps look sweet dude...I gotta check those out...

1.04 is out

has anyone tried it yet to see if we have the old resources (4 crystal/metal for each planet for the most part, like 1.02 has)? Is there a choice again like in 1.02?

I'll get those maps uploaded as soon as I get the xxxx out of Vista64 which is all of the sudden skipping like a scratched record (3Ghz Core2 + 4GB RAM + RAID hdd's and it STILL RUNS LIKE xxxxING butt!!!!)

Never again.....

Well, if Fogel didnt crash his ISP last night, we would have started on time...but of course we couldnt let it be that easy :rolleyes:

Bed after 1am, slept in, late for work, etc :sad:

*shakes fist at Fogel*

lol

Wow, 1.04, i will go read up on it now and will install it when i get home tonight to see how it does (unless you guys beat me to it). Look forward to the games this weekend.

Never again.....

Well, if Fogel didnt crash his ISP last night, we would have started on time...but of course we couldnt let it be that easy :rolleyes:

Bed after 1am, slept in, late for work, etc :sad:

*shakes fist at Fogel*

lol

Yah but you had fun didn't you? :P

EllisD and I played Ninja Star. Map looks straight forward but it was rather back and forth.

Will go look at 1.0.4 now ...didn't even know it was out. That'll render my maps useless me think and we didn't even get a chance to play most of them. :sad::mad::eek:

roger that big doggy daddy, see ya around then

looks like no resource update... now if we do change to 1.0.4 at some point I found some tricks to severely increase your Resources. It's called Space Junk, Plasma Storms and Asteroid Belts ...oh and Gas Planets. :D

But no Galaxy Forge update yet so if we switch to 1.0.4 then no custom maps. I find the in-game editor to not be worth the trouble. So the above trick won't be too useful unless we get lucky on Random nodes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.04 Final Change Log

By Yarlen Posted April 9, 2008 17:20:17

As we get ready to release version 1.04, we figured it was time to post an updated change log.

Please note that save games and replays from v1.03 and earlier will not work with v1.04!

Gameplay / Balance:

-Market value changes:

-Ratio of buy/sell is now 2:1 instead of 3:1.

-Min price now 200 instead of 80.

-Boom/crashes now last ~twice as long.

-Multiple instances of the Embargo planet debuff from the same player no longer stack.

-Capital ships

-All non-Colony capital ship top speeds increased from 500 to 525.

-All Colony capital ship top speeds increased from 400 to 475.

-Siege Frigates:

-Build costs decreased by ~15%.

-Javelis, Illuminator, Assailant:

-Linear acceleration decreased from 200 to 150.

-Top speed decreased from 800 to 500.

-Range decreased from 130% to 115% of 1.02 ranges.

-Illuminator:

-Hull points increased from 520 to 620.

-Shield points increased from 450 to 550.

-Attack type changed from CAPITALSHIP to ANTIMEDIUM.

-Front bank damage increased from 33.8 to 58.5.

-Side banks damage decreased from 33.8 to 30.3.

-Defense Vessel:

-Reduced cooldown by 45%, damage reduced proportionally to maintain DPS.

-Fleet supply increased from 3 to 4.

-Now properly benefits from Advent laser research topics.

-Attack types

-AntiVeryLight chance to hit bombers decreased from 85% to 75%.

-AntiVeryLight damage vs Light armor decreased from 100% to 75%.

-Carriers

-Slight cost reductions for all carrier cruisers

-Returning Armada and General Fleet Spawning

-No longer possible to spawn ships past fleet point limit.

-Ship slot count updated after each spawn to prevent RA exploit (clicking multiple abilities at same time).

-Increased level 1 RA cooldown by 120 secs and level 2 RA cooldown by 60 secs

-Map Balance of Power fixed to have less Heavies and populated desert worlds.

-Stilakus Subverter's Distortion Field ability will no longer cause it to micro phase jump towards targets travelling to other planets.

-Fix for problem where after playing Sins for 100000 seconds (27.7 hours) damage and various other systems wouldn't update correctly.

-Fix for strike craft squads being able to launch when they should be grounded.

-Phasic Barrier now toggles off more consistently when it's 'autocast off' conditions are satisfied.

AI:

-Fixed minor bug in Unfair AI not behaving quite correctly.

-Fix bug where AI would retreat from his homeworld or last planet.

-AI is less likely to gang up on the leading player in Easy or Normal.

-Autocast logic for hull point restoring abilities no longer consider structures under construction as damaged.

-Fix for ships not auto-attacking after breaking alliances.

-Fix for AI difficulty settings not behaving correctly.

-Misc tweaks.

Networking / Multiplayer:

-Fixed minor bug in ico-join game screen where fleet size display was incorrect.

-Improved in-game chat text entry:

-Escape no longer clears the chat buffer when closing the window.

-Sending whispers is remembered (don't have to retype the whisper when sending again).

-Sending to allies is remembered (don't have to retype /a when sending again).

-Chat string and colors changed.

-Fixed bug where joining a multiplayer game in a slot that was previously held by an AI player would have the AI still be enabled when you started the game.

-When a human player drops and an AI replaces him, the AI now has his happiness set to the required amount for existing alliances so he doesn't drop them all instantly.

UserInterface / HUD:

-Fix map names for Backstab and Balance of power.

-Fixed bug where fleet pip clouds would not show up when loading a saved game.

-Fixed string label for IDS_COHESIONRANGE_FAR_NAME and IDS_COHESIONRANGE_FAR_DESCRIPTION.

-Changed artifacts researched stat to be "artifact discoveries"

-Tweaked some ability descriptions to improve their clarity.

-'Unit under attack' events are now suppressed for trade and refinery ships.

Modding:

-Entity name lookup is now case insensitve.

-New options to enable error messages. This can be turned on by modders in the user.setting file to simplify tracking down errors instead of mysteriously crashing.

-Fix num particles in the user.setting file not actually increasing and added user control over the number of particle simulations since this is another main limiter for those with uber computers who want to push things.

Misc:

-Fix for saved games not respecting custom game options.

EDIT:

Read this, especially if your name starts with Angry and ends with Games:

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/307792

~