Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the tutorials are really basic and some key bits of info aren't mentioned like make sure you're first capital ship can colonise! That was a hard and fast lesson - needless to say my empire crumbled quickly.

Its reminding me more of Space Empires IV with some Homeworld style pit fights thrown in and even though I find it frustrating I still come back, much like SEIV.

unfortunately the tutorial is very lacking

unlike Space Empires V though (which I found insanely frustrating), this game has something about it that makes you and I keep playing it. Once you get the basic gist of the game, it's a little easier to stomach the bits that you weren't informed about, or the tutorial didn't really cover too well (trust me, I've had my own moments of WTF??? IT DONT SAY NOTHING ABOUT THAT IN TUTORIAL!!!).

Hopefully you'll keep at it as there's a LOT of deep strategy, but the learning curve is quite short once you get the basics of the game down (which sounds like you have).

The strategy will keep you going for months, but thankfully the learning is quick and (as you found out) sometimes quite dirty lol.

Sorry man.....

it's 2 hours later here than you are...so I ended up watching a movie with the wife and going to bed....

I got a little time today but not alot usually weekends are best for me...but I can squeeze a little time in through the week to try this out....

Need to get Reel into this as he built the same rig I did and would be interested in his results with the board he's using...

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82741

for Ventrilo server information (we use it while playing Sins)

we broke dr_bowtie's cherry tonight...at first I think he was a little...overwhelmed and maybe slightly frustrated that there was no immediate kicking-of-butt (he's never really played RTS style games before).

At one point though I knew he was getting into it as we left him on his own and he was just pumping out missile frigates and a new dreadnought. Too bad he had to go to bed =(

hopefully Friday we can get a few of us together and get a 5 humans vs 5 bots (or 4 humans vs 6 bots!) game going on a Large map...

(if you play, don't plan on doing anything else for about 6 hours haha)

I got 10% coupon to Best Buy to use on games or movies. I picked up both Sins and DMC4 (see console section) and so far i been playing DMC4. Tho I do plan on installing this bad boy at some point and giving her a test drive. :)

I had a pretty good time....yea I was a little overwhelmed at 1st because all I did was the basic tutorial and as stated it's pretty lacking...

I felt like a kid with a baby sitter (A_G holding my hand through the game) needing to learn the in's and out's but all in all it was a pretty good time...you gotta stay on your game and keep upping your level to work out the best and it's definitely a time taker as 2 hours went by before I knew what was going on...lol

I played for a good chunk of today (like 12:30AM on) and yes, the tutorial is lacking, but I am slowly picking up the nuances.

Discovered the trick to having MORE than one cap ship about 20 minutes too late. A neighbor moved in with 2 caps and a support fleet and kicked my butt around the planet for nearly an hour.

I guess if I put up that much of a fight I was doing OK...but the two pirate attacked that chained in 3 sections that i was fighting at the same time sort of sapped my attention.

I remember looking at the clock and it was 8AM. Next thign I knew it was 9:30, I had lost 5 caps, a fleet and a planet.

But i was still kicking pirate butt.

I will try to get in on the Friday game, but i go back on call Friday, we will see how it goes.

well, I'm sidelined at home with the flu for a few days thanks to momma bringing it home from her students =/

I feel like total . but I think I'm down with playing some Sins just to pass the time so I've already jumped on Hamachi, I'll get on Vent in a sec, and go play some single player until someone jumps in and wants to do some co-op against those dirty computer bots lol

don't get too close to my ships though, they might give you the flu (I wonder if I can upgrade my missile frigates to use "biological" weapons instead of standard ordnance...)