Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Sins of a Solar Empire

do the stuff I show you in the tutorial I made, and IMMEDIATELY go take the nearest asteroid that has crystal/metal and only has 1 Light Frigate + 1 Krosov Siege Frigate guarding it. This will instantly give you 2 metal + 2 crystal on top of the 1 crystal + 1 metal that you start with. I generally only take my cap ship + 4-5 Light Frigates (the ones you can start with besides the scouts without research).

ALWAYS build your planet's infrastructure, especially the planet upgrade that gives you more population cap + higher tax income.

Another thing I like to do is get 2 military labs + 3 civilian labs as quick as possible. Why?

2 military labs = Javelis LRM Missile Frigate

3 civilian labs = trade ports which generate excellent extra credit income. A 4th civilian lab will get you Orbital Refineries (except for Advent, they don't get these...keep in mind I'm talking almost exclusively TEC unless otherwise noted).

By the time you get this far, you should be near an ice or volcanic planet, which is another reason you need 2 civilian labs (to be able to colonize them)

ALWAYS remember: your first capital ship SHOULD be the one that can colonize (Akkan Battlecruiser @ TEC, Progenitor Mothership @ Advent, whatever for Vasari).

Civilian research = build up your Terran population cap tech first (2/2) as more planet population = more tax income.

I spent about 6 hours today on the 72 planet map I made and uploaded here...we MUST play that . in multiplayer holy crap it's a good one. Planets everywhere, and within 2 hours it was a constant fight to the death with me taking over planets then losing them then taking them over then losing them lol. Best thing is about 1-2 hours into this map, all of us should have 5-8 planets, trade ports, etc, and this will finance the MASSIVE armies necessary to kick the . out of the cpu players.

I played it today while doing homework against 7 AI opponents in teams of 2vs2vs2vsMe.

Oh, and another thing...the map I made...a lot of the gray independent dudes have bases a little like the pirate base (btw, neither map I made has pirates), with gauss gun emplacements, even defensive hangars, and some Kodiak Heavy Cruisers.

I can't %#@[email protected]# wait until Friday to get into a 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 with these maps with you guys. It will be our longest game(s) yet!

I am down with that, I get off work at 8:45pm on Fridays, so I should be home by 9ish, hopefully everybody here will pass out early so I don't get bothered while playing. Had my kid sitting on my lap for probably 2 hours before he went off to watch cartoons today, guess he likes the game too.

Yeah you do, been playing since my last post and just stopped. I am only half way done conquering this galaxy, so I'll have to finish it tomorrow morning.

I thought I'd be working this weekend, but looks like I won't be so should be able to play wit u ppl again.

and to think ReelFlunky hated the game before he even gave it a chance...that's just how he is...an automatic hater...but see, once you try something, you might like it, and trying it with good friends who will show you the ropes makes it even easier to enjoy!

and to think ReelFlunky hated the game before he even gave it a chance...that's just how he is...an automatic hater...but see, once you try something, you might like it, and trying it with good friends who will show you the ropes makes it even easier to enjoy!

Actually I never said anything positive or negative about the game, before I played it.;) I didn't care for having my Windows shares exposed, that's what I was crying about.. remember?

I am wiped out, haven't had much sleep, been playing every time I am not at work. That game I played last night/this morning was killer. I started playing around 12:30AM ,finally saved it and went to bed around 4:30AM, then woke up and played from 9AM until I beat it at 1:45PM.. almost 9 hours :eek:. Now I feel hung over, I haven't been on the PC like that since the good old AOL days with Windows 3.11 and dialup LOL

Hi guys. I'm new here.

My name is Eric and I'm from California.

I stumbled across this place while I was looking for some place to play Sins on a Hamachi network. You guys were like, number 3 on Google.

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I start trying to get into games.

I'm madly in love with this game, and I just got done with a 3 hour learning match with a hard AI, and I'm ready to face someone who isn't just a series of prescripted actions. :)

Hang around....Fridays are the days we play and weekends and maybe somedays the player like to play at night....welcome to the forum

...I stumbled across this place while I was looking for some place to play Sins on a Hamachi network. You guys were like, number 3 on Google...

If that's the case, maybe we should take the Street in that direction to increase traffic ;)

Welcome to the Street btw.

ha ha...

Just finished a game that ReelFiles, A_G and myself started at aroung 10:30am my time (EST) and we just got done...we win...

5 hours 31 minutes....dang....

ReelFiles had to leave early about 1 something and it left me and A_G (mostly A_G) to clean up and win this thing...

1st game I actually finished and won...I usually lose attention after a few hours but this was fun as hell....

If you guys aint tried it....you should