Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Sins of a Solar Empire

Well if you would save your money instead of buying Barbies to play with....ah man you are so missing out on a nice game dude....hit it up when you can it's fun...;)

Ok, here's something cool. You can customize maps within the game, but even better, there's a tool called Galaxy Forge that is a much more robust editor that works on any machine, even one without Sins installed.

It is however lacking a few things that the developers are still working on, but for the moment, it's a great tool.

Galaxy Forge DOWNLOAD

Galaxy Forge Guide

Now, for the moment, I have to do too much homework etc so I won't get to fool with it until Thursday night. In the meantime, snag these two Large (10 player max) maps that I made inside the game's editor:

http://www.angrygames.com/files/SoaSE_lg-maps1.zip

Two maps:

Galaxian Prime - 1 star, 72 planets (I think!)

Angry Extermination - 1 star, 126 planets (I think again lol)

These map files MUST be placed inside your Program FilesStardock GamesSins of a Solar EmpireGalaxy folder. They do not go inside your App Data - IronClad Games etc stuff like the tutorial movie listed earlier does.

If you have any issues, just let me know. Hopefully we'll get inspired to make some killer 8-10 player maps as there just aren't enough of them included!

I was having a good time until I got booted from the game at 2am, was my best one yet..

Yeah dude, you were doing good. We were practically done when you got booted but it sure would have been nice to finish it as a team. We finished it an even 3hrs. (3:00:00) I started off great knocking dark blue out of the game early but then Daemon and Angry cleaned house. Daemon gave Angry and I close to 20k credits total and Angry was going around cleaning house and sewing his seeds all over the solar system. Despite leaving the game early you built the most capital ships.

Too bad I don't get out of work til 12, by the time I get home and settled in it's close to 1am. Even with a 3 hour game that would mean being up til 4 and then getting up a 9 again...

Should have seen my single player game today, everything maxed out and an entire galaxy under my control :D

lol....This game has got me thinking...?

Beings I did so bad this time around its got me wondering what's best for the strategy...?

Build up a good army right off the bat...? or just build big enough to go kick butt and colonize as mush as you can while still building and army...

I had a good army with 3 capitol ships until I realized I was building scouts...lol not good fighters there...lol

I only build 1 or 2 scouts right away then send them off on auto-explore. Next I concentrate on building up 1 or 2 planets and armies there, before I start taking . over.