Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just download and install himachi and follow the guide to set up...it's real easy and once you got the hang of it join A_G's network then add his info inside the game as has been posted in here...simple as pie

it's easy...just do as the instructions say and when in the game load Multi-player and LAN...the add the address in the upper box and leave the lower one default as it is...it will log right in....no issue at all...they got about 10 people in the group so far...join in on the fun...

Guest Headwound

Installing it is a soon as I get home, maybe I'll hop on and get whipped by you folks later tonight.

Hamachi

Network Name: Angry_Games

Network Pass: games

UDP-TDP Ports: 32804

Once you've installed Hamachi, go into Network Connections - Advanced - Advanced Settings and make sure you move the Hamachi adapter to the top of the list (some games will use the LAN IP of the first available adapter, so you want Hamachi to be the first).

Once you are on the network, hit the Configure Hamachi button, then choose preferences, then under Detailed Configuration (in the middle), put a check box next to TCP and UDP ports and set them for 32804. Port-forward your router/firewall accordingly for Port 32804 for both TCP and UDP.

Next, remember that when hosting a game, other players will need to connect to your Hamachi IP address if they don't see the game automatically (as if they were on your LAN next to you...some games like RS Vegas and others will see all LAN games hosted, some, like Sins of a Solar Empire, you'll have to manually input the IP of the game you want to connect to).

To do this, make sure you know the Network's IP address: 5.11.237.165

You shouldn't need to do anything more than this. If you do, just ask here. I'm adding this to the first post for everyone.

We really need a dedicated Ventrilo or Teamspeak server. Reinvented is allowing us to use his, but it only has 8 slots and we are having to share it with a bunch of WoW nerds who get on and talk really loudly about how awesome their raiding party +4 is for hours on end. If anyone has a dedicated Vent or Teamspeak server, please let us know. In the meantime, use the Ventrilo Server Reinvented has let us connect to:

74.86.116.145:3784 (no password)

You don't need a mic + Vent, but really...you'll be the only odd person out that won't be using it which means you'll have to type in the game which means you probably won't have as much fun or get as much info etc.

I just setup a P3 using ubuntu that i wanted to make into my file server at home, and i also have a decent connection if you want me to try to set something up for you guys. I think i remember reading though, that if you just grab the free version of the server, you can only have 8 people connect? And if you need more than that, you have to rent a server?

If all you needwant is the free one, then i can definetly look into setting that up. Hell, we are going to need one for talkin smack during those home run derbys LOL

I am trying to figure that out now....

Not sure how many the free one holds but upload will be the issue for personal server service....

I think we will need between 20-50 people spaces...more is better...100 would be nice and to rent a server with private status and 150 spaces is 37.95USD but I cannot find if thats a month or a year...I am thinking a month...

There are places that offer a yearly rate and a reduced rate...I would be more inclined for that to get more for your money....

Anyone got any idea on this....???

typefrag was a hosting company that a few of my e-friends used at one point in time. They seem to have reasonable rates. 15 users for $91year or 25 users for $122year. They have a limited time offer on now for 50% off if you order on a yearly cycle.

EDIT: UGT is another