Older Koolance Exos system-2

badarthur

I was kind of hoping that I can find someone that can help me diagnose a older Koolance Exos system that they arnt even showing on there inventory any more. This one has 3X80mm fan's on top of it all the newer ones have 2X120mm fan's on it.

The deal is I bought it off ebay one night for a hundred and shipping I figured it would be a good way to get started in liquid cooling without having much to modify in the case dept. Well I finally got it put together with a new CPU-330 cooling block -[there best]-with 14 in nipple's with it. And what im getting is poor performance. I have it hooked up to my quad core on a DFI Blood Iorn and the best I can do on it is about 3.4 then the temp's get me at 70.

Im looking for a way to diagnose this system, is it under pressure or what? All the newer system's have bigger line's on them and Im using 5050 car antifreeze dose anybody have any idea's. I know my cpu block is ok but how do I tell about the rest ? it's running and it docent leak that's all I can say.

Anyway this is my first go around on liquid and Im not to disappointed at the moment but I hoping I can throw a little money at this one and get a few hundred MHZ out of it. Ide like to get to 3.6 on it at least. BA

With the 1/4" tubing and stock pump I don't think you'll be able to get enough cooling for a quad. You might get decent performance out of it if you were to upgrade to 3/8" or larger tubing and replace the pump with a DDC; but I don't think you'll get much better performance than a top end heatpipe out of it.

SO how do we get better than air cooling. Im really not interested in just getting cooling as good as my Zallman 9700 do I need to just remove the koolance unit all together and start over or what? That's what Im asking I tryed it this way and it ddint work so what do you suggest. BA

If you want better than air performance; then you should forget about Koolance altogether; their poor block & radiator designs don't allow good performance, and their use of aluminum in the components is just asking for corrosion.

For a quality setup the only companies I'd consider are DangerDen, EK-waterblocks, Swiftech, D-Tek, Thermochill, Hardware Labs, and LIANG.

Since you seem to be looking for a CPU only loop, I'd recommend the following:

- 240mm radiator

- DDC with Petra's Tech top (alternativelt the D5 aka MCP-655)

- T-line/Fillport or Reservior

- D-Tek Fuzion (best block on the market) or DD TDX