Sign in to follow this  
red930

Quick Windows question

Is there a way to make windows go through all files in a specific directory and delete every empty folder?

Long story short, I mistakenly decided to give iTunes a shot since everyone else here is all gun-ho about it.

Clearly a bad idea, I mean what . would want all of their music sorted out by solely by album artist instead of by artist and album?*

Anyways, MediaMonkey has fixed the problem for me, because it's like, good at being a media player/organizer. Something that iTunes can't even dream about because it's head is so far up it's own butt.

While MediaMonkey has done a great job of actually organizing the music the way I wanted it to, there are probably a thousand empty folders within my music folder now. I've spent a good hour sorting through and deleting some of them, but I'm in the "F's" now with a lot fo work ahead of me.

Please help?

*Yes, I'm sure iTunes has other methods of sorting. Their default method is retarded as xxxx though.

Thanks Sharp, worked great!

Saved me a helluva lot of grief. I'm pretty sure some folders only contain one song yet because iTunes broke up soundtracks like that, but I should be able to assemble them in MediaMonkey then run this again.

godku7.jpg

Edit:

*sigh*

Some folders had pictures and playlists in them too. I hate iTunes.