R.I.P. - The technodanvan is no longer with us.

red930

I must say though .... I look forward to your posts. You crack me up !

No matter how cocky or arrogant you may sound or had sad it should be, you always seem to find a way to find humor in a situation. lol

So....... what are you driving now ?

Thanks bud.

I'm not really driving anything right now, if I need a car I borrow a roommates. So it'd be a '95 Monte Carlo, '00 Saturn Plastic, or '03 Escape. I think there's a Jetta around here somewhere too...

Seriously! I think I passed a vette when I was parked once. What is the point in having all this performance if you aren't going to use it? There are definitely other babe magnets out there. I even see Saturns and Wide Load convoys passing vettes.

I'm not sure why people keep telling me this. :angel:

That would be a pretty decent name. More thought on this while I was reading your extremely funny responses was this... just pronounce your name differently. So instead of Techno-DanVan it can be: Tech...NO-DanVan. I think it covers all the bases personally. :tooth:

Foolishness aside, sorry to hear about your pride and joy and good luck on your next assignment. :) Can't say the pay will fix your current financial woes for some time to come ...especially if u go enlisted, but the experience you gain will more than make up for it if you still stick with it.

I like it, I think it does cover all bases pretty well! Contralto Dynasty is simply an anagram for my full name (Danny Scott Taylor) and it has a nice ring to it as well. Lots easier to not change anything though.

I've been thinking hard on the situation, I've determined it's my best option. The best way to go would be to enlist so I can get some loan repayment assistance, but either way I'll be okay. Once in the military most loans can be deferred for the entire time I serve, leaving me with just credit cards to deal with first. Sure, I'll still have to pay interest but at least I can work on one thing at a time and actually see some of it going away.

We'll see what happens, but I'm hoping I get the officer position (which starts at Lieutenant of course...*sigh*) and really hoping I like the job. Bioenvironmental engineering isn't as cool as nuclear engineering, but I suspect it's easier to find a job in the private sector with that knowledge.

Who needs bumpers?; that's what the horn is for :tooth:

Who needs turn signals?; we have a horn don't we?

Turn signals worked actually, I'm sort of anal about using them and get pissed when other people don't. You might not have much time before I cut you off, but the blinker will have blunk!

And I installed air horns in this girl, though I probably only used it all of two times. ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn signals worked actually, I'm sort of anal about using them and get pissed when other people don't. You might not have much time before I cut you off, but the blinker will have blunk!

And I installed air horns in this girl, though I probably only used it all of two times. ;)

Yeah I always signal when I'm driving as well. It bugs me when the guy ahead of me just slows down (usually to a stop) then turns off without having put on their turn signal.

Air horns are nice; I could use one on my bike when I'm riding on the bike trail, it'd really get the attention of all the pedestrians hogging the whole width of the trail; also would be good for when motorists just plain cut me off.

my previous comment was actually playing on an episode of Red Green, where Red had to replace the horn of his Possum van every 6 months.

Engine runs better than the day it was new,

HAR! Ask anybody who's ever done any serious racing (and then lunched an engine) about that one! Engines always seem to run the best just before they blow/seize/plain ol' die!

Now I know where you got the money for all that high end computer stuff. I was from driving to death your van. :rolleyes:

That'd be credit cards actually.

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into.

Yeah, I regret it.

No biggie, I can live off less than $10 of food for a week no problem. Without ramen.

Without stealing too, but I'd eat better if it was allowed. :eek:

HAR! Ask anybody who's ever done any serious racing (and then lunched an engine) about that one! Engines always seem to run the best just before they blow/seize/plain ol' die!

So you're saying getting money for the beast now was a good call then? Damn.

I honest to god wanted to store the thing until I could afford to put some money into it. I just can't do it though. Bet I'll have a helluva time finding one 20 years from now. :(