Sign in to follow this  
red930

Might change my mind (AMD version)

well, ive been helping out abit on the build, well, i have built 10+ budget systems on a 3850 MSI k9a2 Corsair 2gb CL5 kit and the sonata 3 as the start point, all are budget class, i dont only use amd, but amd fits most needs around here with my lazy butt friends who doesnt have money.

Does anything at 1280x1024 =) i think this is the most future proof system i could come up with at a reasonable price, the cpu is definetly the first thing to go, but a 3ghz+ dualcore is gonna last a year atleast, and by that time the phenoms tricore and quad will be good and at a reasonable price.

So upgradeability is something thats very important, the AM2+ is going to last atleast till 2009, amd havnt planned any date for the AM2 to dissapear, when the DDR3 gets at a reasonable price, thats when it happens, like from 939 to am2.

PCI-e 2.0 is a great feature aswell, as the 790 X and CF support, Low powerconsumtion on all components, 65 watts cpu, 98 watts VGA 8 watts chipset, all on max load, im sure 333's wife gonna be happy now :D

im sure 333's wife gonna be happy now :D

Like I told ya. happy wife= more stuff for me

And they all lived happily ever after. God, i love a great ending! :shake:

Sign in to follow this