Sign in to follow this  
captin-planet

AMD 64 3500+ SIMPLE OVERCLOCKing?..

Hi there,

i have a DFI LAN PARTY Nf4 Ultra-D with 'SUPER TALENT D32PB1GJ' DDR1 RAM..

I am aware that my dfi board can be overclocked however i have no time or patience to go through hours of testing and fidling and im not ready to just pick a lucky number and hope for the best!

Does anyone out there already overclocked the same configuration or know of a simple solution i could adopt so that i can finally play bioshock..

I currently have 2.21 Ghz apparently and the minimum requirement is 2.5 as far as i know..

p.s My case is nice and cool so i dont think that temperature should be an issue in this case..

if there were a simple solution do you not think we would all do it that way THE only way to get a good stable overclock is to tweak then test then tweak then test then tweak (you can see where this is going don't you)

read the overclcoking guide here in this forum then re read it

then look through the overclocking database for a set up like yours that will give you a starting place at the least

good luck and enjoy the challange that is overclocking

No, i don't think we would all do it that way because not all of us want a 'simple' increase in performance, rather a substantial increase,

i just thought that someone who has the same specs could give me some tips or guidelines as to how i should go about getting just a bit more out of this setup

"i just thought that someone who has the same specs could give me some tips or guidelines as to how i should go about getting just a bit more out of this setup"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this website is littered with answers, all the answers you need, search is your friend, you could start with the definative overclocking guide and then move on from there.

there are many here who might take a bit of offense to your tack, surely they want you to exhibit some degree of willingness to 'experiment' and find out what is.

part of the game. a little give and take....

laterzzzzz.....

well, if you are this hurry, search for the same specs of system at the overclocking database...and try a bit lower to see the results...BUT this is NOT a good way to oveclock the pc...step by step...;)

Well, I say i too...

Get a look on the OC guide, try to understand what is happening with your machine when you are overclocking and then you will find the best way to do it. Its pritty simple when you understand how its works. Usually people oc'ing "a little", like you want to do. Derfor i'm saying its simple. Its only few parameters you need to change. But you have to know what and when you need to change it. You need to understand !!!

Regards

Rafcio

ok, alright,

but i already tried to look up my specs tho as far as i could see, no one had the same mo.bo + cpu combination ..

somehow whenever i search i seem to go in circles and end up spending more time looking up terminology and finding out exactly what all these new words mean rather than finding out what the basic steps are with my setup

ill have another look anyway but maybe some very basic starter tips could help me out, as i think i mentioned before my case is quite well ventilated so i think that i have some leeway' when it comes to temperature concearns..

(yes i know that im sounding like an ignorant/inconsiderate idiot but i simply dont have all the time in the world!)

First I'd recommend your read and understand the Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking Guide

Then I'd suggest you look through the S939 Overclocking Database; you'll very likely find an identical or similar setup in there. Keep in mind that results with a DFI NF4 SLI-D/SLI-DR would be good reference points as well.

Also, don't forget that no 2 motherboards/CPUs are the same or will clock identically; so you can't expect someone else's settings to be guaranteed to work with your system.