Chipset fan making strange noise

Video of the noises:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kZIhkOHmnpI

I've never really had a problem with the chipset fan before so I'm not quite sure what this is. If the fan is failing is there a way to get a replacement? It would need to be the same size since my graphics card nearly touches the chipset fan when it's in. Thanks for the help. I really hope I don't need to get a new mobo since I don't have a job right now!

That's one hell of a mic you have there! Yeah, sounds like it's rubbing something, just replace it with an Evercool VC-RE and you'll be fine.

http://www.svc.com/vc-re.html

It says "DFI recommended" there because of this forum - it's solid and will work perfectly. Be sure to use the SVC links found around the forum. :)

Will this for sure not be taller than the stock fan? like I said the stock fan nearly touches my graphics card so there literally no room for a bigger fan.

Will this for sure not be taller than the stock fan? like I said the stock fan nearly touches my graphics card so there literally no room for a bigger fan.

For sure this fan will work on the nf4 boards, I've used half a dozen myself, I'm sure Angry_Games and RGone have used more than a hundred apiece. :angel:

For sure this fan will work on the nf4 boards, I've used half a dozen myself, I'm sure Angry_Games and RGone have used more than a hundred apiece. :angel:

I know they will work on the board, I just need to know if they won't be too tall, my PCIE card extends above the chipset and nearly touches the stock fan.

If so, is there a guide for exactly what I need to do to change this? I don't change many HSFs and almost never use non-stock stuff.

I know they will work on the board, I just need to know if they won't be too tall, my PCIE card extends above the chipset and nearly touches the stock fan.

If so, is there a guide for exactly what I need to do to change this? I don't change many HSFs and almost never use non-stock stuff.

All video cards are designed the same, some are longer, some are shorter, but they're all the same height. I can assure you that I've used many video cards with this chipset fan. They might brush up against the sink itself but they will not interfere with the fan itself. It'll work.

The fan itself is ever so slightly taller the the stock fan. You might end up with your video card essentially resting upon it. Don't worry about it, this heatsink will still outperform the stock one, even with the blockage.

We have a how-to video showing the installation of the fan on these board in the tutorials section, that's how confident we are these things will work. ;)

All video cards are designed the same, some are longer, some are shorter, but they're all the same height. I can assure you that I've used many video cards with this chipset fan. They might brush up against the sink itself but they will not interfere with the fan itself. It'll work.

The fan itself is ever so slightly taller the the stock fan. You might end up with your video card essentially resting upon it. Don't worry about it, this heatsink will still outperform the stock one, even with the blockage.

We have a how-to video showing the installation of the fan on these board in the tutorials section, that's how confident we are these things will work. ;)