Sign in to follow this  
neilcha

ATX power

on my new abit ip35 dark raider m/board it has a 4pin molex power socket on the board to help with gpu power just like the old dfi ultra d etc etc , do i have to plug cable into it for stability or is the 6 pin power conector on my gpu the same thing ??

right i have built it up pluggrd everything in and powered on , Nothing , theres a red led for showing a psu is connected buts thats it , when i do press the on button the other little green led comes in for a split second and the fans start to turn but then dont . could this be a cold boot thing , i dont know what that means but i read about a few times .

any ideas

Sounds to me like a dead PSU; they still provide standby power, split second power flash is common for a dead PSU.

update

now powers on ,everything turning but no boot , m/board just powers up and fans spin, im doing a min build now so nothing is plugged in apart from gpu,ram.

On my IP35 pro I have a 4pin molex socket, its only needed if you are running two gpu at the same time. I also get the same boot problem when I cold boot. To resolve this issue just turn the power on to the power supply let it sit for a good min or two "I give it the two mins" then make sure the leds are lit, then it should boot fin. I think the caps on the board discharge when you kill the power to the power supply.

p.s. there is alot of info here. LINK

the ip35 only has one pcie slot , every thing is up and running great now , not tried ant o/c yet , just making sure it works. up to now its great.