• Find stock stable then start overclocking
    • Give it a few months
    • When I need the power
    • Overclocking just dont do it for me

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to qualify it for the SSDB first and foremost, but with these new toys i just couldnt wait to ramp up the mhz so that went by the wayside. The first real rig i built is in the SSDB though.

When my PC performance needs to be a little higher and put off the day I need to spend money.

I'm a tight pig. Only joking.

Already spent some money getting it ready to overclock and had it running at 3.2MHz for a while but back to stock values now - no real need yet for that extra performance!

Regards

Paul

Overclock the hell out of it right out of the box no need for stock stable cause it aint gonna stay there for a while if you don't over clock theres a great brand for that, dell i think it's called

Guest r3d c0m3t

I hit "Right off the bat" because I'm a geeky son-of-a-somebody, and I'm appalled at the very mention of running something at "stock" speeds.

Stock. The other white meat. :shake:

No, seriously I may have hit right off the bat, but I run everything through a myriad of torture programs before I OD on the OC.

I'm with old geekster on this one. I have only overclocked a handfull of my various computers, but I read about how to do it, and test it all properly before I even started messing with it. I had to have read about it for at least a couple months before I began the OCing journey.

Almost right out of the box

I look on the internet and at DIY what the could be possible with my hardware and than I OC my rig to a certain level and try to get it stable.

After a while I try to get the max out of my system.

i wish you would have let everyone see who voted so we can all kick on the butt who ever voted on the last option so hard that his/her nipples will blow up. i voted "right of the bat" because I don't like to waste time but I also make sure memory passes memtest86plus before anything.