$89 Pentium Dual Core (Core2 architecture) @ 3.2Ghz

WooT!!

Everything i was looking for was there so im ready to build! Well...almost. I forgot to eat on my way home cause i was soooo freakin antsy. Seeing as i will probably be awake and not wanting to leave for the next 48 hours, i should probably go take care of that before i start :P

I got do a little prep around here too, my room is a freakin stye and its the only place i have to build.

I shall return :tooth:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has been an interesting week for sure. Sorry for the lack of updates but ive kinda been going around in circles, lol.

Since i needed to take the PSU and Video card outta my AMD rig, and my P3 decided to be difficult, the new Intel rig is the only one i have to play with. And since its been memtesting and priming, i havent even really played with it since i put it together. I really need to get my AMD rig back up so i have something to play games on while im finding my clocks on the Intel. I have already sourced a 7300GT for a very wallet-friendly price of $0, and ive tried 2 PSU's already, but them being an Antec Smartpower 450 and Truepower 430, didnt even light the board up with cpu, vid, 1 stick of memory, cd & hdd :( Oh well, still gotta look for one of those.

Meanwhile, in the testing lab.....

This is my first intel in forever that i have actually owned, so i knew it would be interesting. Couple that with the fact that ive been outta the "game" for a while now and a semi-noob (like semi-pro....not quite at noob status yet :P) i didnt get very far right off the bat. I didnt have a methodical way of doing it at all. Didnt write anything down, just started plugging numbers in and doing quick tests because i was impatient. After about 3-4 days of doing that, and having prime fail everytime i would leave it for more than 1 hr, i slapped myself in the face and decided to do it properly.

Last night i was doing pretty alright, i was priming for ~1hr at 1.3125v @ 2.85ghz with the ram as close as i could keep it to 400mhz and wanted to keep bumping it to see what i could max out at with stock, or slightly under stock volts. Wierd thing though, i bumped it to 2.9ghz but something screwed up in the BIOS and when i booted, it said i was at 1.8ghz (i had my multi @ 9, so it took 9x200 default fsb). Odd i thought, so i tried putting different fsb figures as well as different multi's, but it wouldnt keep any of the fsb changes i would set. Then it was bedtime and thats where i left it :(

Im going to try flashing the BIOS when i get home and try to max out my clock at stock volts tonight.

And the testing continues......

I would PM ReelFiles and he can give you some pointers...as well as getting the most out of the ram in the divider department...like setting the ram at an even 2.0 and going from there...he got his running pretty tight so I would hint for a game plan...;)

Its not so much i dont understand, its pretty straightforward. Its just the time it takes to test i have no patience for, lol, especially when this is my only rig that i have running.

It might have been because i left the clear cmos jumper on while i was at work today, but the BIOS magically fixed itself. Booted up right away when i got home, plugged numbers in to get me to 9x317 @ 1.3125V (1.280 in cpuz / everest under load) with the ram at 396mhz @ 4 5 4 11 @ 2.05V.

I have a bunch of pics of the build, so once i get all those organized and am ready to put everything in the case, i will put up a thread with my experiences. Been a fun ride so far though ^_^

9x317 @ 1.3125V (1.280 in cpuz / everest under load) with the ram at 396mhz @ 4 5 4 11 @ 2.05V.

Is Orthos stable for 8hr30mins as of this morning :)

Quite happy to get that on under stock volts especially with the droop on this board. This is absolutely as high as i can go with this voltage and bumping it up to stock (1.3250v) didnt help get to 323x9, so ima let it burn in here for a while and get some folding done.