Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

$89 Pentium Dual Core (Core2 architecture) @ 3.2Ghz

give it time guys mine had to "burn in" to get the numbers.

i can benchmark at [email protected] but even with good air cooling it runs to hot.i was seeing temps up to 68.

so i backed it down a bit to [email protected] and see full load/benchie temps of 49-50 and gaming temps of hi 30's to low 40's.

this is probably the best 80 dollar cpu i ever remember having.

Im jumping on the BBFTB wagon :cool:

This weekend (barring any unforseen circumstances) im gonna make a trip to the local NCIX and pick me up a few things. The plan is:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L - $101.56

CPU: E2160 1.8GHZ Retail - $80.50 (E2180 for $97.00, E2200 for $104.99. Will be one of these 3)

Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - $26.01

RAM: Mushkin HP2-6400 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-5-4-11 - $59.99 (no mail in rebate)

Total = ~$300.00 - ~$330 tops if i go for the 2200, after taxes. Not bad for a complete platform change i must say. I will be keeping everything else from my current rig.

This should be a lot of fun. I havent really bought anything for my pc since i finished off my current system and have been using AMD for ages.

Let the games begin ! :tooth:

give it time guys mine had to "burn in" to get the numbers.

i can benchmark at [email protected] but even with good air cooling it runs to hot.i was seeing temps up to 68.

so i backed it down a bit to [email protected] and see full load/benchie temps of 49-50 and gaming temps of hi 30's to low 40's.

this is probably the best 80 dollar cpu i ever remember having.

holy crap man where'd you come from? lol

This weekend (barring any unforseen circumstances) im gonna make a trip to the local NCIX and pick me up a few things. The plan is:

CPU: E2160 1.8GHZ Retail - $80.50 (E2180 for $97.00, E2200 for $104.99. Will be one of these 3)

Total = ~$300.00 - ~$330 tops if i go for the 2200, after taxes. Not bad for a complete platform change i must say. I will be keeping everything else from my current rig.

This should be a lot of fun. I havent really bought anything for my pc since i finished off my current system and have been using AMD for ages.

not sure if that cooler is bolt-thru, but if it isn't, I'd highly recommend one that is. Maybe I'm just retarded, but any LGA775 cooler that does the pin-thru the holes around the socket never quite catch all of them, so one side is always springing up, or the damn thing sits unevenly on the cpu, or worse, the pcb around the socket warps from the pressure really bad causing all kinds of issues.

However bolt-thru units like the Tuniq, Zalman, etc are the same as the bolt-thru's we've recommended for ages...you can put your own amount of force/pressure on them, get even covering without scratching up the top of your cpu, the edges of your cpu, or the bottom of the heatsink =/

I'd probably go for the 2200 if you are overclocking just for the bigger multiplier, but then again, sometimes the fun is in the smaller cpu and making it do big-big things lol

not sure if that cooler is bolt-thru, but if it isn't, I'd highly recommend one that is.

I think its the same style as a stock intel one, so no, not a bolt through. The reason i jumped on it initially was the fact that any bolt through was roughly double the price. I will keep looking for an alternative. I have until at least friday to make a decision.

EDIT: I may just go with the AC Freezer afterall. I should be able to order a Thermalright 775 Bolt Thru kit to replace the push pins on the AC Freezer.

I'd probably go for the 2200 if you are overclocking just for the bigger multiplier, but then again, sometimes the fun is in the smaller cpu and making it do big-big things lol

Was chattin a brief bit with doc in the flashchat and he mentioned bumping up from the 2160 also but because the 2180 and higher have the higher thermal rating. I was also leaning towards the 2180 due to a nice 10x multi, but then a 2200 is only like $7 more...sigh, lol

I gotta hurry and set my mind on something though....cause continually thinking "its only $10 more here, and i could do that better for another $15", i will never make a decision, lol.

holy crap man where'd you come from? lol

hehe long time bro.

hell i know where to come when i have problems with new builds. :P

hell ya dude this build has been great fun. my processor was a little lazy at first but it's fine now. i know its not the fastest out but i'll tell you what she's pretty snappy.

and to top it off i have 220(after rebates) into the board/cpu/memory. hell i can't even remember getting away with this level build for twice that.what a wonderful time it is to be a tweaker. :)

LOL

NCIX started a sale tonight and they picked some very nice items.

GA-P35-DS3L is now $89.99

E2180 is now $87.99

Ram (same as above) is now $52.49

so i can safely spring for a Thermalright ULTIMA-90 at $39.99

They read my mind

wewt :cool:

It's D-Day !

I have my cheque in my hand waiting to be spent on stuff....too bad its only 10am ; Stock looks good on the items i want, i dont have a CC (for good reason, lol) so i gotta walk into the retail store and hope the guy in front of me isnt snaggin the last one of something i want :P

Its going to be an action packed weekend. I havent built of tweaked a pc in ages, and am really looking forward to it. Its nowhere near apples to apples, but i plan on doing a heads-up comparison between my old system (running @ sig specs which i have been running 247 for months) and my new one to whatever clock i get to for 247 use.

Now i just need to remember where i put the fast forward button so i can jump ahead 6 or so hours :P

better hurry and get to the store...we want to hear all about it and what other goodies you got as you walked through the store and decided you just couldnt live without...

I am glad we dont have any stores like that around here...only one close is Best Buy and their priced are so high no one shops there...;)