ATTN: DIY-Clan

Reinvented

Hey guys,

My names Reinvented. I've been here for quite a while, but no longer an active poster since DFI forums moved.

I've noticed that you guys started your own group of gamers, and I thought to myself, "hey, that's pretty awesome". I looked through the thread, but you guys don't have your own server around, or a place to really call your home. A year ago, I had started my own gaming community. I built a server with some damn nice hardware and got it hosted in Dallas.

Anyway, I have quite a few game servers hosted on the box. It currently has the following:

67.228.55.216:27015.png

67.228.55.217:27015.png

67.228.55.218:27015.png

67.228.55.219:28960.png

67.228.55.220:27015.png

67.228.55.221:27015.png

67.228.55.222:27015.png

Those are currently all the servers I have up. So, I'm hoping to get you guys to come and play on it. It'll be nice to actually have some mature players on it, besides little kids who mic spam and think it's okay to use racial slurs.

We do have rules like any other place also, and they aren't too much to ask for.

So, if you have any of these games and are down to play, then come and join me with the rest of the guys. We have forums up also dedicated to this, where you can post a ban request if you see a hacker or if an admin isn't available. Or, if you want to become an admin, you can do so by filling out the order form. But yeah, again...just looking for mature players to come and fill up the servers and have a good time.

Last but not least, I've also talked to Travis who was very interested in Rainbow 6 Vegas. So, I'm going to look into that and see what I can do so everyone can play that if they want.

If there's anything you'd like to see, post some feedback in here, send me a PM, or come post on my forum.

Here is the link to the servers also: http://insomgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4

I think that's it!

-Brandon

only games I am interested in online be:

Rainbow Six: Vegas (co-op Terrorist Hunt 4-player Max, maximum enemies)

Team Fortress 2

Brandon is going to see if he can get us a 4-player co-op terrorist hunt RS Vegas server going.

in the meantime, if you crackheads are into Team Fortress 2, post here. My tag is usually Angry or Angry_Games or some variant depending on the mood I'm in.

We get enough interest in TF2 from you guys around here, I'll definitely show up and play because you all know how I feel about playing multiplayer with random jackasses =/

TF2 has built-in voice comm, so that shouldn't be a worry for anyone. RS Vegas however does not, so we'll have to rely on our own Teamspeak2/Ventrilo servers...so if anyone has one that we use for our DIY group, post it here also!

Hope to see you in some TF2 but more than anything, I'm ready to get down with some Terrorist Hunt co-op in RS Vegas! (my buddy John aka "Deamon" will also be playing a lot so we just need 2 more haha!)

only games I am interested in online be:

Rainbow Six: Vegas (co-op Terrorist Hunt 4-player Max, maximum enemies)

Team Fortress 2

Brandon is going to see if he can get us a 4-player co-op terrorist hunt RS Vegas server going.

in the meantime, if you crackheads are into Team Fortress 2, post here. My tag is usually Angry or Angry_Games or some variant depending on the mood I'm in.

We get enough interest in TF2 from you guys around here, I'll definitely show up and play because you all know how I feel about playing multiplayer with random jackasses =/

TF2 has built-in voice comm, so that shouldn't be a worry for anyone. RS Vegas however does not, so we'll have to rely on our own Teamspeak2/Ventrilo servers...so if anyone has one that we use for our DIY group, post it here also!

Hope to see you in some TF2 but more than anything, I'm ready to get down with some Terrorist Hunt co-op in RS Vegas! (my buddy John aka "Deamon" will also be playing a lot so we just need 2 more haha!)

8 player Ventrilo. ;)

74.86.116.145:3784 No password.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you guys can populate the servers, that would be fantastic. If the servers are empty, and you get a few people in each, people will start following and it'll get full fast.

Need people to play cs_office, cs_office_extended, de_dust2, and the TF2 servers. ;) 2fort #1 & #2, and dustbowl. ;) so have at it guys!

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/insomgaming If you got Steam, join the community and add me to friends. I'm the group admin, and I'm "Gangsta Feet".

Also, i'm playing TF2 right now, on the #2 server, so if you wanna play, come and join me!

was searching around today for a standalone server, but that isn't available. I actually have to get the game in order to install server files. Punkbuster has to be installed, but you have the option of disabling it server side in the config file which loads at startup. There are also various other things that can be disabled so you can play with cracks and what not which do not get checked by a master server list. So you can patch alright for sure.

Still working on tweaks and stuff to squeeze out every bit of performance. Trying to figure out the whole affinity thing and how it distributes that.

Anyway that's my little update. I am currently typing this from my phone.

actually they make RS Vegas dedicated servers that are stand-alone and require no key for command-line startup:

http://www.ubi.com/DE/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2076

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/rainbows...ad_6164304.html

I see conflicts that say it requires full retail dvd but doesn't require a key to run a dedicated server...so if necessary, I'll send you my R6 Vegas dvd to install (I use a no-cd patch myself because I never keep my $50 game discs in the drive to be scratched up at the computer's whim...) and we'll get it done that way.

Momma got a snow-day today so no school for her...maybe we'll get a chance to do a lil TF2 (after I go take my algebra exam at the college)

actually they make RS Vegas dedicated servers that are stand-alone and require no key for command-line startup:

http://www.ubi.com/DE/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2076

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/rainbows...ad_6164304.html

I see conflicts that say it requires full retail dvd but doesn't require a key to run a dedicated server...so if necessary, I'll send you my R6 Vegas dvd to install (I use a no-cd patch myself because I never keep my $50 game discs in the drive to be scratched up at the computer's whim...) and we'll get it done that way.

Momma got a snow-day today so no school for her...maybe we'll get a chance to do a lil TF2 (after I go take my algebra exam at the college)

It's cool Travis, I'm gonna get the game anyway, since it's my box. Not your responsibility. ;) But, it's also so i can play too. It sounds like a fun game.

But donations and stuff for admin and all that would help greatly as i'm not always around, and it's to help keep the box up. I am going to install a bunch of other stuff, since I got a lot of IP's still, and it's a Dual Harpertown box, with 8GB of memory, and 6x 150GB Raptors. It does it's job well.

I'll let you know what happens in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoooa. Sorry for the lack of updates. I still need to get out and get the game.

Ummm, I haven't seen anyone around at all. :( If the servers are empty, just join and people will follow.

Changed Dustbowl into CTF_Well. Anyone down for some TF2? If so, you know where to go!

• 2 weeks later...

hey man, can you make a separate channel in the Vent server for DIY users? Last few nights we've been on some annoying-butt mofos jump into vent and talk and yell and laugh like hyenas as loud as they can and have no respect for the fact we are playing a game...and there's no way I can create a separate channel on your vent server...

thx duder!