Upgrade time

nanoashash

I got some extra cash laying around and thinking about upgrading my current pc ((sig = current pc)) I was thinking what should i replace? Thinking about ram to get better timing, and maybe go sli with gfx? Anyone got ideas of what should do?

Since you got cash to blow, I would definitely get another video card so you can run SLI. If you want to, you could upgrade the CPU for better speed, but it might be difficult to find a higher clocked dual-core CPU. Other than that, that's all the upgrades I would do.

I got some cash to spend and wanted to upgrade my rig. Was thinking about either getting the same gfx and sli'ing it or just going for dx10 cards. Also was thinking of keeping my ram and maybe OC'ing, have not done that yet, timing are still normal 2.5-3-3-6. Also maybe new cpu, but really no finding anything for 939 anymore. Any suggestions would be great!

I think an upgrade to one of the new 8800 (G92) cards would be the best investment you could make.

Your X2 3800 still has life and legs

You've got a great socket939 motherboard

A great kit of memory

An oldie buy goodie in the OCZ 520W psu

Also might as well ask, this is nothing to major. My computer case now is just a cheapo case i quick pick up and looking for something with more air flow so when i do minor adjustments air will cool down the rig without adding nothing to much more to it.

i was looking at both of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129021

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811133154

if you know any others let me know.

Out of those two, Id get the 900, because the way you described your current case, if you slapped some lights onto it with a window, you would have a TT case.

Other cases to look at would be the CoolerMaster Stacker (831 being my personal favorite) and the CoolerMaster Cosmos 1010.

The Antec 900 has fantastic air flow for it's price range.

Lot of easy mods can make it a great case (especially for the money).

Pretty easy to trick out and personalize it for your setup.

Check the internet. Tons of great photos of it both factory and modded.