Sign in to follow this  
Torner

PC game lag

I have a Windows Vista home premium computer with an NIVIDA 8500GT graphics card with 256MB, an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 each core operates at 2.4 GHz, 2 x 4 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB. I have a 500 GB SATA II hard drive. Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2 memory, Memory Card Reader 15-in-1. I have a 32-bit operating system and 2030 MB of rams. My problem is, however, that I have constant game lag while playing all next gen gaming titles (offline). Games such as Bioshock, Jericho, Call of Duty 4, ect. I am not able to play these games on the highest graphic settings without lag, (sometimes not even fair graphic settings). I don't understand why.

The 8500GT is a budget card. For the most part only high end graphics cards can run new games with all the eye-candy maxed out.

The 8500GT is a budget card. For the most part only high end graphics cards can run new games with all the eye-candy maxed out.

Ditto

8800Ultra

8800GTX

8800GTS

8800GT

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

8600GT

You are here

Awww that was mean Krazy :(.

Don't feel bad Torner the latest games don't run perfect on my rig either, they make these games like this on purpose so you'll run out and spend ridiculous amounts of money on the latest tech that probably still won't run them the way they should.

Awww that was mean Krazy :(.

Don't feel bad Torner the latest games don't run perfect on my rig either, they make these games like this on purpose so you'll run out and spend ridiculous amounts of money on the latest tech that probably still won't run them the way they should.

Lol. Yeah I know I'm sorry. *hangs head and kicks the ground* But it was kinda funny though. :)

Yes I agree that you pay a premium for the "latest and greatest", but thats pretty much how it is with any product or venue these days. It just so happens that the IT industry moves and changes a lot faster than most others.