Sign in to follow this  
sunnyeagle

Will it fit?????

Okay I bit the bullet and have a eVGA 8800 GTS (G92) on the way. With a couple 90 degree SATA cables, just in case.

I'll hold off on play any games until it gets here.

Now I really have my answer to my own question. The card just about covers all four plugs. You can only use the outside edge plugs. They do have a little pressure on them. I have two 90 degree cables coming in today. I will see how they fit.

If regular connectors fit at all the 90degree connectors should be fine.

Meanwhile, what is with these new enormous cards? I mean, I like a fast video card but I also like being able to fit it into my case...

Soon you're going to have to take your motherboard-sized video card and plug it into it's own outlet on a 30amp circuit and connect it to your computer via a ribbon. Also it'll be in your fridge so it doesn't overheat.

Soon you're going to have to take your motherboard-sized video card and plug it into it's own outlet on a 30amp circuit and connect it to your computer via a ribbon. Also it'll be in your fridge so it doesn't overheat.

lol, seems like I saw a mod like that somewhere... I'll have to see if I can find it...

Didn't the Voodoo4 or 5 use an external power supply? Don't believe it was connected by a ribbon though...

But you can only use two 90 degree plugs or they will over lap each other. That means two of them will not plug in. You can just get the straight ones in the edge plugs. And then use the others under the card.