Will it fit?????

sunnyeagle

I have been looking at the new 8800GTS (G92) and I was wondering if anyone that has the same board as I do, has one installed. I have read a few of the problems with the SATA cables, but that was with the 8800GT. I am only using the bottom SATA plugs. Will it still fit???

If I had to move it to the bottom slot, I think it would block my USB plugs.

So does anyone have this board and have one installed?

I haven't used those cards but the nf4 boards (if not new) are high-end, they should have plenty of space for whatever you want to put in there. Worst case scenario you can you the second pcie x16 slot.

If you're really that worried about it, easiest thing to do is get the card measurements and then look in your case.

It should fit, I have used the 8800GTX on my SLI-D and Expert with all 4 SATA ports plugged in.

Looks like the SLI-D is about the same as ultra D, but the expert slot is not in the same location. It (expert) has more room. I already check that one out when I was reading about other ones who had that board and same card.

That is why I was looking for someone who has Ultra-D.

I have the measurements now and I going to check it out.

I have the measurements at 4.376 x 9 inch long, can not find out how thick.

What is it at the card??

I have a ultra d.

And a dual slot 8800gt.

In the top slot it blocks all 4 sata ports, and at the bottom it pushes on the stock chipset heatsink bezel. I removed the bezel and it was better. Also it blocks the external usb plugs, AND you will only have one pci port for a sound card or something, and it will me 2 mm away from the g card. My sound card is REAL close, but cooling performance seems oK.

Pics would help of the card mounted in both positions, but i can only show you my current config.

TADDA:

CLICK

th_mobo-2.jpg

CLICK

th_mobo-1.jpg

I don't thing it will fit even with 90deg connectors. That was the first thing I thought when I mounted the card. But its way too close. I could extend the port my soldering cable, but the day i run SLI is the day I afford a 30".

If the 90 degree bends don't fit and you are not ready for a new build ....just get rid of the stock 8800 cooler and go for a third party cooling solution or a water block. I would not want to decrease performance by using a slower chipset for RAID or getting a smaller video card.