• The Witcher
    • Galactic Civilizations II: Gold Edition
    • Age of Empires 3: Asian Dynasties
    • FEAR: Perseus Mandate
    • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
    • Gears Of War
    • Civilization 4: Beyond The Sword
    • Other (please post in thread!)

Ok, so here's your chance to vote on GOTY. You won't win anything, but you will at least give me something to write (rant) about when the voting is complete.

If I didn't list a game you want, it's probably because I've either never heard of it, or it wasn't really a popular game. You'll be allowed to choose other and then name your game though, and we will tally all the votes for all games.

Have fun!

I cant not vote for cod4, not original and i wont be the last and I'm sure it will feature in the big rant, but Ive played it so much its ridiculous. level 55 comes tomorrow as i hit level 54 this afternoon.

I voted crysis, cause its so fun using the suits powers vs the ai.

Destroying camp sites by throwing people through, sprinting past an army, leaping on to a building to take out the enemy, man, and I haven' beat it yet.

Oh and the graphics.

I still ain't finished COD4 and my buddy is getting VERY PISSED that I haven't given his game back to him (but not really too pissed since I got him hooked on STALKER and Bioshock, which I still have his Bioshock disc too haha)

COD4 is freaking awesome...but in my opinion, if you change the theme from modern to WW2...hey, it's like...CoD1/2/3 all over again!

(ie: maybe they should innovate...at least STALKER was innovative...though this list made it hard for me to choose which one was the best....soooooooo many great games this year!!!)

soooooooo many great games this year!!!)

You know, I am gonna have to disagree with this. I really don't think there was. I think 2007 has been pretty lame on the PC gaming front. So much so I been playing older PC games and having more fun playing those. The only one I am even tempted to vote for is Bioshock because it did something different. No it didn't create FPS and its not the first game you could call a First Person Adventure game or even the first one to employ RPG elements in it. It's not the first horror game set in FPS, nor is it the first one to give you a tough moral decision which somehow skated by the anti-game whiners of the world. Nor is it the 1st to employ a more strategic vantage point than a run-n-gun. It's the fact it did all this together and more. Many games are easy to copy and simulate but how could rip off Bioshock without it being so blatent 2K wouldn't have a leg to stand and complain on? I can't think of a way, it's too unique.

All that being said, after you beat it how much of you wants to keep playing it over and over? Now I haven't beaten it yet but I can already tell at most I'll play it two times through (good decision on the Little Sisters and the "not so good" one) or maybe just play it the once through. Great game with interesting mechanics that brought in a LOT more new good ideas for FPS than any of the other FPS games that came out this year. But I'm still not sure I'd call it GotY 2007!

I'm gonna be the oddball out (like that's a first) and say, 2007 sucked for gaming. Too many big name promises that didn't live up to the hype, and not enough surprise titles.

by big name titles that didnt live up to the hype I'm guessing your referring to Crysis, I mean its pretty and all but not brilliant.

So apart from bioshock what other new games did you sit down and throughly play this year that really didnt live up to expectations.

Also how can you go through and not give the Orange box one mention?