Ati HD2900XT still a good card?

schoolslave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2900 XT oc much better than any 3xxx series. i did 950//1200 with aquacomputer block and some zalman memory cooling for the topside, since the block didnt cover that side,unfortunatly.

i held the card at 40 c idle and 50 load, aint bad, keeping the noise quite high to be a watercooling, but the performance was amazing.

but it does use lots of power, is expensive, and so on, red lovers overclocking card, nothing else.

well, nice features other than overclocking capabilities is sound over hdmi, i doubt there's many using it, but its nice to have, i use it, i have minimal issues with it, but the 8800 GT offers more performance at stock, also the 3870.

and btw, my memory bandwidth kicks out 153 gb/sec @ my clocks, even though im using 3870 at this comp, and buying a 3870X2 soon, if you want red power go for 3870X2 since it use the same amount of power, is more quite, and gives lots of power. see tomshardware or legitreviews for benchmark ;)

449 is the suggested retail price for 3870X2, just under the price for 2x 3870's.

Guest MadDias

lol mack27..

did u read the first post?

And no, don't recommend me 8800GTs !!!!!lol.

and schoolslave got the 512bit pros which are way under 250$ and perform just like a xt.

to be honest the XT is for super performance under oc conditions, the PRO gives lots of bandwidth for the money, since no other card deliver that bandwidth, and can ezy do 800 mhz core, on most, not all, atleast XT speeds, memory can do very well ;)