Sign in to follow this  
Jayfaas

RAID on DFI Lanparty UT P35

I guess i went through my installation without setting it up, but now im having a problem with my cd rom drives not showing up. Neither of them. I dont know if its because that option in BIOS for SATA Mode has to be changed to RAID for the only IDE port to be available or what. All I know is now my cd rom drives wont show up. And the problem with the SATA mode is when I change it to RAID instead of IDE, the internal IDE's dont show up in the main Standard options. Whats the deal? And which is better? the Intel or JMicron? Please help

I guess i went through my installation without setting it up, but now im having a problem with my cd rom drives not showing up. Neither of them. I dont know if its because that option in BIOS for SATA Mode has to be changed to RAID for the only IDE port to be available or what. All I know is now my cd rom drives wont show up. And the problem with the SATA mode is when I change it to RAID instead of IDE, the internal IDE's dont show up in the main Standard options. Whats the deal? And which is better? the Intel or JMicron? Please help

To the best of my memory set the SATA mode to RAID or AHCI for RAID on the intel controller & set the J-Micron to native IDE.

Im having a similar issue. I have my new DFI LP LT x38 motherboard up and running and I cant figure out how to get RAID setup on the Jmicron chipset. It gives me the option for the ICH9R only it seems. Anyway to fix this? I really need to get my computer back up and running.

Sorry for the hijack.

Im having a similar issue. I have my new DFI LP LT x38 motherboard up and running and I cant figure out how to get RAID setup on the Jmicron chipset. It gives me the option for the ICH9R only it seems. Anyway to fix this? I really need to get my computer back up and running.

Sorry for the hijack.

You should be able to change the J-Micron from native IDE to Disables, AHCI+IDE & RAID+IDE.

So which one would I want for the JMicro? The AHCI+IDE?

RAID+IDE to run RAID 0 & still be able to use the IDE for optical units.

If you are only running one set of RAID drives, I would connect the HD's to the intel controller in RAID mode. Then set the Jmicron to RAID+IDE or IDE for your IDE optical drives or SATA optical drives connected to the Jmicron controller. Just like Chump said......