Somebody get yer mod on

If you like blue, I say go for it. My first case mod was blue:

old_blue.jpg

I picked up a couple cans of some blue metallic Rustoleum, which is why the case sparkles a little (note the CPU speed in the display was 933 - bad butt for those days).

I would suggest either going with an automotive metallic blue, or maybe consider a powder-coat finish. I saw some yellow powder-coated Lian Li's on the MNPCTech site and they were just amazing. Not that I like yellow (and wiith your flat black interior it would look like a bumble bee), but the finish was crazy cool.

For your idea on the window, water cutting works very well. I had the IMperial Logo water cut in my last mod:

dsc04555.jpg

It only cost me $20, and that's even with the guy tracing my design to do the cutting. Do you have a reason to remove the vent? Does it help or hurt your cooling at all? Perhaps one major consideration you should put into the design is the cooling system you are going to use and how you are going to install it. My current Lian Li case has the rad located on the top, and due to the only set of screws I have that work with the rad, so are the fans:

p1070433qc9.th.jpg

I wish I could get siome 3.5mm screws the right length to put the fans inside the case. But then again, I'd love to have a newer case that has the tubing holes on the slide-out mobo tray and mount therad back there. I think it would be easier to fill and bleed if it were... :(

smallparts.com should have some long 3.5's

Thanks for the link. Looks like McMaster-Carr. I tried them, but all I could find were bolts, not screws. Will give 'em a look-see...

t_ski that vent is plain ugly. I have no need for the vent. I'm WC'ing the VC and have a modded coolit freezone on the core duo. I'm liking the idea of white more and more

I saw a white powder-coated PC mod a while back. Rado, was it @ Bit-Tech? Defintely unique...

If you don't need the vent then kill it. The hard part is working around its placement to find a design that works for you. On the blue pc mod I posted above, there was a molded handle in the side of the case. I had to cut the window there to remove the handle completely, or else it would have messed the side up. :(