Somebody get yer mod on

There you go - paint in the garage. I've got a thin little fiberglass door on mine, plus is has a couple holes in it (bundle of shingles fell off the roof, hit the dumpster parked in front of the door, bounced off and took a bite). Plus, it's only insulated on the walls, not on the roof. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to think up a modding idea for a case is difficult for me.

For myself case modding is usually something that become necessary because of things I want to install in the case or I need to use a existing case for a new project and it needs some sort of new look.

I often look at peoples case modding projects with astonishment and a bit of envy, My modding projects do not derive from some vision in my head for some totally unique awesome creation, I just start cutting and make things fit.

I like others have looked at hundreds of custom case in the search for some inspirational spark. In my case theres has been no spark.

However there has been something I have thought about since the day I opened the shipping box that contained my new Lian-Li V Series PC-V2000 tower. That thought was what the Lian-Li case would look like with a custom paint job. I'm not talking about a case of spray cans, paint job. Been there done that and will not do it again. I'm talking take the case down to a small paint & body guy I know and having him paint the case.

I'm sold on the flat black case interior look. the exterior color is undecided at this point, coming up with a good color that will go well with future components and color schemes is the main issue right now.

I would also like to do a custom side pannel. I have the original side pannel

sidepannelqa6.jpg

Theres a shop in Dayton that has one of those water jet cutting machines, I'm trying to come up with cool pattern for the door that will get rid of the fan grille. Then I plan to use either some colored uv acrylic. or two-way mirror acrylic for the side pannel after the pattern has been cut. Thought about something like this

sidepannelss2.jpg

Any suggestions on a pattern for the pannel would be appreciated

another thing that I have wanted to do for as long as I have been acquainted

with crazy is to install a 4”or 5”, LCD disply in the custom side pannel. I also have a Matrix Orbital MX432 - 4 line lcd display I want to mount in the front pannel of the case not in the 5.25 bays but actually flush mount the display in to the front mesh of the case.

Heres where the matrix orbital would be installed and the power switches new location.

lianlifrontki0.jpg

One crazy thought was to have the case painted white with some type of pearl or subtle metal flake added.

Color suggestions would also be appreciated.