Sign in to follow this  
Mindflux

7900gt rma, think I'll get a 7950 back?

I just sent in my evga 7900gt co. It worked great for about a year and then randomly decided to fail completely so I sent it back. I had known that 7900gt's were only made for a fairly short period of time and was hoping that they wouldn't have any left to send back to me. I just looked it up and found a couple of posts dating back six months ago of people getting 7950gt 256mb cards back to replace their 7900gt's. So I looked them up and noticed that they now only come in the 512mb variety. What I'm wondering is what do you think my chances of getting a 7950 256mb and chances of getting a 512mb? And has anyone actually rma'd an evga 7900gt recently and what'd you get back?

Anyone know what evga is replacing 7900GTO's with?

Having issues with mine, but been to lazy to inquire.

I know XFX is replacing the 7900GT's with either the 8600GT/PRO or the 8800GTS, not sure which version now though (320, 640, 512)?

The evga 8800gts 512 is actually cheaper than the 7950gt 512. I'd assume they'd still try and replace them with the 7950's though since they probably don't expect to ever sell anymore. If they don't have any though... that'd be pretty great, getting an 8800gts 512 for my 7900gt (256mb). Even if they were going to do something like that I'd figure they'd give me an 8800 gt rather than gts, stat's on that are more similar to 7900 and still better as far as I can tell. (also a lot cheaper)

i know its not the same companey but i just RMA'd a BFG 8800gts and got a faulty replacment back from them , so now as a sorry they are sending me a 8800gtx 768mb . :):)

well happy

Answering my own question in case anyone else is interested. I spent a while trolling the evga forums and found this:

You basically get back whatever they have on hand (unsurprisingly). I've seen a few reports of people getting 2-4 7900gt's back in a row (all short-lived and crappy) as recently as this month.

Also a couple people got back older 8800's.

It seems like a lot of people are getting 7950gx2's (the two in one card) (in one case this replaced a 7800gs - talk about an upgrade...).

I decided to RMA my 7900GTO because I was getting the "insufficient power error". Tried in a couple systems, but same issues. Evga told me to reformat to fix it... no thanks.

I told the rep that I want a card with at least 512MB, and he said I would either get another 7900GTO or a better card. I would be happy with another 7900GTO/GTX or any 8800 series, but I do not want a 7950 as I like the quiet 2 slot cooler and its probably going into my work rig anyway.

god dman

rmaed a 6800AGP be4 x-mas and then send me back a 6800 agp ....

i was hopping for a 7600GT or a 7800GS but they simply return a 6800 lol

you'.re lucky to have reeive a 8800GTS

god dman

rmaed a 6800AGP be4 x-mas and then send me back a 6800 agp ....

i was hopping for a 7600GT or a 7800GS but they simply return a 6800 lol

you'.re lucky to have reeive a 8800GTS

You have got to be #$%^ing kidding me bro!!!