Recommend a chipset cooler for DFI Blood Iron

one30eight

I have a blood iron and have a tuniq tower on the CPU. I want to replace the passive DFI chipset cooler with something better. Any recommendations that will fit on the board alongside the tuniq?

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a answer to this I want to know to as Im getting ready to buy a liquid block for mine. I think somebody all ready suggested the Trermaltake 90% deal but they don't look like much. I'm thinking about a small heat sink with fan blowing right down on it. Like we used to do it. I'm surprised somebody docent all ready have something set up for it. BA

If you get a answer to this I want to know to as Im getting ready to buy a liquid block for mine. I think somebody all ready suggested the Trermaltake 90% deal but they don't look like much. I'm thinking about a small heat sink with fan blowing right down on it. Like we used to do it. I'm surprised somebody docent all ready have something set up for it. BA

Why are you so surprised by this! I don't see to many people having this board all across the forums! I heard it suppose to be a pain in the butt! How is this board working for you?

• 2 weeks later...

The only real problem I have with this board is you cant use all 4 ram slot's on anything faster than 3.0 after that I start getting random crashes to my desktop or rebooting from out of no ware. The ram is fine and the setting's I put in the bio's are pretty basic. Outside of a north side chipset getting hot and that's pretty normal for P35 Mb. The only real reason I stuck with the Board is it has almost no VDrop what so ever. I switched out the 4X1Gig stick's of Crucial Ballistic DDR-2 800 ram with some 2X2Gig GSkill DDR-2 1000 pc8000 and had no more ram issues. I have gotten my ASUS MB back and I may go back to it but after buying the new ram it's not doing to bad I may go ahead and buy a X38 Mother board. Ive been experimenting with my first watter rig lately and haven't thought about it much.

The Kollance rig I bought on ebay is a waist of money so far if I could get my hand's on the proper watter block i just bought it may start doing better and even if It docent Ill have some junk to start with at least. Building custom liquid system's just isint possible unless you have some junk to work with when thing's don't go right. Im pumping 50/50 antifreeze into a huge r-200 block right now with a spacer between the block and cpu and that is killing my performance even if it is gold plated. UPS has been 8 day's trying to deliver my newer performance cpu block that I can use on any system. Im learning a lesson and only buying stuff that I can use on other system's, no more propitiatory stuff for this boy. I aint real fast buy im learning. BA

Actually im making quite a bit of progress I just reinstalled my ASUS MB back into my box and the ram controller work's so much better than the DFI ever did. I also got a 330 koolance watter block and that also work's much better than the out dated r-200 block that came with it. Im more interested in having a stand alone cooling system that I can take with me on to the next pc I build instead of having a built in system that pretty much has to stay with the box you build it in to. I really like th separate unit idea a lot better. BA