• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so its down to these 5.

1, Corsair TX 750W - Fixed wires = £87.54 Inc VAT

2, SilverStone Decathlon 750W - Modular = £117.49 Inc VAT

3, Thermaltake Toughpower 850W - Modular = £93.00 / £98.99 @ Ebuyer.com

4, Coolermaster 850W Modular Quad - Modular = £110.45

5, ENERMAX GALAXY EGX850EWL 850W - Modular = £120.35

What you lot think? (Dont care if its modular anymore)

Also, this will be at the bottom of my case, not the top, so the 120mm fan will be suking in cold air from the bottom of the case instead of blowing in hot air from the top like most do. (think its silly doing that)

If it were my rig I'd go for number 1 or number 2 with my preference leaning towards the Corsair Unit. If the 750 is anywhere as good as the HX520W or HX620W it will be an outstanding power supply. The reviews I've read on this unit are also very favorable.

Are you being paid to say that???

I was actualy 2 seconds away from buying the ENERMAX GALAXY EGX850EWL 850W today..

Why do you hate these??? Iv seen nothing but good revies on these. And I like them. The only bad point is that its a bit bigger, but i dont care about this as I have a STC-T01 Stacker which can take anything...

The primary difference between the PC Power&Cooling 750W (black Quad) versus the 750W Crossfire certified unit is the PCIe connectors. The CF certified unit comes with 2 x 6 Pin and 2 x 6/8 Pin. These would come in handy if you were running say two 2900XT cards or something like that.

The 750W Quad version comes with 4 x 6 Pin.

Of course the Crossfire version comes in ATi Red, or whatever color that is, which immediately improves the performance of the PSU (just kidding of course)!

According to PC Power's website the Quad now also comes with the 2x 6/8 Pin Pcie. :)

Are you being paid to say that???

I don't get paid anything for anything I say here :)

I'm not hating on the Enermax unit whatsoever. It's just that I don't have any experience with the one you are considering. If all of your research indicates it is a solid power supply, then by all means indulge yourself.

I only recommend products that either I have personal experience with - or products that people I highly regard have personal experience with.

The Enermax unit you are considering doesn't meet any of the two criteria I noted above. That doesn't mean it isn't a good power supply, and that doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy it if that's what you really want.

The Enermax unit you are considering doesn't meet any of the two criteria I noted above.

???

Iv asked a few people I know in the industory here in the Uk, like the RMD @ Novatech and also some one who works in Brother up in manchesta. They would strongly recomend it etc... and I view them as high up indevidules who know what there on about.... So.... I just need to now buy it :D

Thanks for all your help people :D