PSU Recommendations.

Novartic_

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it power his rig? Crossfire, Quadcore and 8 Drives alltogether is quite a bit..would 620W really be enough?

I really don't know. All I was saying is that the HX-620 is an excellent PSU.

If it were my rig I'd be putting the PC Power&Cooling 750W Crossfire certified PSU in there. But that's just me.

I have to ask how much would the SilverStone Decathlon 750W PSU would cost over there in the UK?

ok, what about the Galaxy 850W? Only Price ex VAT: £122.00, Price inc VAT: £143.35

Um.. How come the 650W SilverStone Decathlon is CF Certified and the SilverStone Decathlon 750W is not, but SLI Certified :S I would of thort that the SLI one would be CF Certified too... :S >.<

The Power&Cooling 750W Crossfire certified PSU range's from £92.83 to £143.59.

The 750W Corsair PSU is also good, Single 12V rail, but unfortunetly not modular.

umm.. the 620W and 520W ones are modular, O well, still like it. (just looked, not modular like you said :( )

The PCP&C 750W CF PSU would be great, if you get a good price I would not hesitate.
The Power&Cooling 750W Crossfire certified PSU £92.83

Good Price??

After reading the rest of this thread, I still don't see why you wouldn't consider the SilverStone Decathlon 750W PSU. It's cheaper than the others, it's a single rail PSU as well as it's 100% modular. Everything you wanted in a PSU is right here.

As far as the certifications are concerned, I wouldn't worried about that too much. If the PSU is "SLI certified", more than likely it can handle Crossfire as well. Just because it doesn't have the "Crossfire certification" doesn't mean it won't work. I've had this PSU for about a year running Crossfire and I haven't had a problem with it yet.

But of course, you have to make the decision based on what you believe which PSU will do right for you as well as your budget.

The primary difference between the PC Power&Cooling 750W (black Quad) versus the 750W Crossfire certified unit is the PCIe connectors. The CF certified unit comes with 2 x 6 Pin and 2 x 6/8 Pin. These would come in handy if you were running say two 2900XT cards or something like that.

The 750W Quad version comes with 4 x 6 Pin.

Of course the Crossfire version comes in ATi Red, or whatever color that is, which immediately improves the performance of the PSU (just kidding of course)!