Sign in to follow this  
The Joker

Bent pinned Sempron!

Hi, I am currently in the process of bending the pins back on a Sempron. As my friend has done the classic thing of removing the Heat Sink without running the pc to allow easy removal. (he also forgot to remove the plastic arm from the heat sink). With doing this he has damaged one of the pins and it has just this minute dropped of. I have been told before that if one pin drops its not a problem. But i cant remember if its sector specific!

The pin that has dropped is third along up from the arrow.

Please DIF'ers i open the floor to you! :rolleyes:

Ask a jewellers if they can fix the pin for you.

yep jewelers are probably the best at this, working with miniature metal objects (and repairing them...like how they repair the claws that hold diamonds or other precious stones on rings)

Hi, I am currently in the process of bending the pins back on a Sempron. As my friend has done the classic thing of removing the Heat Sink without running the pc to allow easy removal. (he also forgot to remove the plastic arm from the heat sink). With doing this he has damaged one of the pins and it has just this minute dropped of. I have been told before that if one pin drops its not a problem. But i cant remember if its sector specific!

The pin that has dropped is third along up from the arrow.

Please DIF'ers i open the floor to you! :rolleyes:

Not being funny or anything but you could probably buy a new Sampron for the same sort of money a Jeweller would charge to try to repair your old one.

Not being funny or anything but you could probably buy a new Sampron for the same sort of money a Jeweller would charge to try to repair your old one.

Yeah, this is kinda what I was thinking. Or even upgrade for that mater...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103222

I really can't see them charging less than 30-40 bucks to fix it anyways.

Well I have broken pins myself and I just put the pin in the right hole it goes in and then mount the cpu and well it worked.

That runs the risk of having the pin stuck in the CPU socket, doesn't it?

That runs the risk of having the pin stuck in the CPU socket, doesn't it?

It might stay in the sockets when you pull the cpu out, but you should be able to pull the pin out with tweezers/needle-nose pliers with little difficulty.

Turm the mobo upside down and give it a good shake. I would recommend removing your other components and cables, but it depends on how risk averse you are.

Well I have broken pins myself and I just put the pin in the right whole it goes in and then mount the cpu and well it worked.

Good advice. You could alo try to see it it boots without the damaged pin, who knows, it may actually work.