Would eat/drink food from cloned animals?

Fogel

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• MEAT!
    • Offspring yes, straight up clones no
    • Uh.. not just no, but HELL NO
    • Switch to the green leafy side you heathen carnivores!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Angry rant. :D

I agree 95%. I'm not a health nut either, but as a powerlifter I have to know what I'm putting into my body. I would never touch ready-made frozen hamburger patties with 30% mechanically separated beef, 15% mechanically separated rodent, and 55% homogenized soy lard. Save that . for our prison inmates, and even then only the lifers and those on death row.

Now, I'm a die-hard capitalist, so I don't believe in heavy commerce regulation, but I also believe it's uncapitalistic for so many people to put up with the bull crap that a lot of big companies try and feed us. You know Quaker Oats, a brand almost everyone trusts as being natural, only contain a fraction of the protein that oats contain naturally? Yeah, oats are an excellent source of protein, provided you buy a 50-pound bag of it from some mom-and-pop online store.

It's increasingly difficult to shop for items without chemicals anymore. That's why I only buy raw ingredients, never anything pre-prepared or processed. That said, I have to eat a ton of meat, so I want to know that the meat I'm eating is safe without having to spend extra for the organic - I simply cannot afford it.

With any luck, global warming will force the world to reset itself, and maybe things will get back to normal. Or we'll all die and the earth will go hurtling into the sun. Either way.

Also, even as a conservative I cannot stand Fox News. Conservatism is about liberty, not imposing religious morals on everyone.

Clone em', put em' on that conveyor belt, slaughter em', send their body parts to the supermarket so me and my friends can drink beer and eat BBQ. Amen!

Hmm...can we splice the BBQ into the clone before we kill it?

Conservatism is about liberty, not imposing religious morals on everyone.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The definition of "conservative" has been changed to the point that I don't even bother using the word to describe myself anymore.

There's the Angry Rant!!

We got the FDA, Republicans, Christians, Britney Spears, Meds, Network TV, Donald Trump, Internet pr0n, Fox News, the government as a whole, corporation, Richard Simmons, the Food Industry as a whole and little hockey equipment theiving boogerpickers in that one.

I knew Angry was still typing up the rant, making modifications and additions. Though one disturbing thing about this rant, and I'm not talking about the targets on the receiving end of that rant ...but, he just took away my #1 reason for hating him. >.< :mad:

• 2 months later...

yes. why the hell not?

it's sick enough to take something that lives, breathes, . s, feels, bears children - and kill it in a cruel manner for the purpose of eating. why not take it one step further? as long as it's a clone of something that hasn't been given growth . I'll eat it.

Ever wonder why everyone is depressed, bi-polar, whatever these days?

because psychological research, while it has been done for centuries, is just in the past 50 years really getting somewhere in terms of diagnosis and treatment. I have family members that from doctor's notes, would have been diagnosed and treated as a schizophrenic today. I had a grandma who, in her 40s, was in a hospital that cost 40K a xxxxing year! would've been nice to have some modern medication in the 60s and 70s, she could have lived a much better life. I myself was "diagnosed" with schizotypal personality disorder when I was younger.. seems to be a family trend on both sides to be nuts. maybe it's the food? :rolleyes:

While I get what you're trying to say.. people have always been nuts. I don't think it's the food. I think it's just coming to light now that there are remedies for it and they are being abused. while someone who was just having a bad time breaking up with their girlfriend probably wouldn't have went to a 40K/yr institution 50 years ago to cope, they are likely to just say "xxxx it, I must be depressed" and pick up zoloft.

yes. why the hell not?

it's sick enough to take something that lives, breathes, . s, feels, bears children - and kill it in a cruel manner for the purpose of eating. why not take it one step further? as long as it's a clone of something that hasn't been given growth . I'll eat it.

Hell, I'd pay extra if I got some steroids in with my beef. :tooth:

While I get what you're trying to say.. people have always been nuts. I don't think it's the food. I think it's just coming to light now that there are remedies for it and they are being abused. while someone who was just having a bad time breaking up with their girlfriend probably wouldn't have went to a 40K/yr institution 50 years ago to cope, they are likely to just say "xxxx it, I must be depressed" and pick up zoloft.

I think less people know how to cope lately because of all the politically correct bull crap going on. Nobody will acknowledge that it's all right to have a pair of balls and stop caring what everyone thinks of you all the time. No, today you're supposed to be a "nice guy" and keep up with all the latest fashion trends. I've got news for you, the stuff that actually looks good never goes out of style.

yes. why the hell not?

why not?

My reason is simple... the technology is still in its (for lack of better word) infant stages. The tech is flat out too new. Hell scientists change their mind every two years whether or not eggs are good/bad for you and how long have they been out? Now compare that. How long have we been splicing DNA? How long have test subjects been eating the products of spliced DNA to where scientists should feel like they have enough data to go on?

The FDA has already proven they don't have our backs... especially when it comes to food. If they want to sell it, fine. But at least make it mandatory to state whether or not it came from clones and let people make up their own damn minds. This poll has already proven a lot of people don't care so it's not like no one would buy the stuff - people will. Hell, I seen grocery stores sell old milk and people just pick the stuff up without looking at the date trusting everything is fine.

I think it's a simple request,.. Just make it so people have the choice.

I totally agree Fogel, its all about choice. I guarantee that if everyone here was standing in their local supermarket infront of the meat counter and their 2 choices where genetically modified beef or natural beef and it was clearly labeled, not a doubt in my mind that everyone would pick up the natural. And the same goes for boobies, gimmie natural any day of the week...and twice on Sundays :D.

i don't see how cloning would be cheaper than helping two pigs go f$%^:angel:

knowing how cloning goes about a little bit... it would be alot simpler to have paris hilton 'bate a bull and shove it in a cow... if thats not too crass. it'd cost the same:angel:

if it is, i apologize:tooth:

i think it should be as natural as possible- no homone additives- cows eat grass n such. not special grass full of crap.

:angel:

knowing how cloning goes about a little bit... it would be alot simpler to have paris hilton 'bate a bull and shove it in a cow... if thats not too crass. it'd cost the same:angel:

I'd rather eat cloned beef than beef that has been contaminated by her DNA. :tooth: