Sign in to follow this  
TheReaper

2 cards in sli to simulate 8800 performance???

Is there a lower spec and price card that when doubled via sli would be like a single 8800?

That is a very vague question...there are several different 8800 series cards available. And no, two 8600's in SLI would not be better than any of the 8800 series cards. The best, cheap, dual card solution is two ATI 3850's crossfired. In my opinion anyway :)

I agree, however, an 8800GT 512mb for ~$230-240 is the best single card deal you can get right now. I ran that 3870 Xfire setup for a bit and it was a beast but decided that SLI 8800GTS 512mb were even better. There is no cheaper/better dual card set up than a single 8800gt will do.

Guest Retratserif

Yep, the 8800 gt 512 is the best bang for buck and more than likely will stay there for a while. Even the Dual 8800 gt 512 is better than a single GTX for your money.

Id also have to say that if you want dual cards, 3870s are the way to go. First well because, the best chipset for intel CPUS (IMO, X38) supports it. Also 3870s can be had for the same price as an 3850.

Also, Thraxz, could we (I) get some pics and benchies of your SLI G92s?