Sign in to follow this  
pattobw

DFI LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G at motherboardpro

www.motherboardpro.com has the DFI LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G for ~$82 +8$ shipping.

This board went for > $200 about a year ago....Be warned ...it is not for novices, (read some of the threads on DIY street and you will understand) and it might not support the new 45nm cpus, depending on bios updates.

I was tempted to get one and wait for all the Intel fans to start selling their 65nm G0 cores for bargain prices. However, now that DFI has released the lower cost LP 790fx DK board, I think I will give AMD one more chance with the B-3 stepping of Phenom. :)

Was going to get one as a backup until I saw that it doesn't support 45nm.

Sad actually, such a nice board. :(

Definitely better than Gigacrap.lol.

Was going to get one as a backup until I saw that it doesn't support 45nm.

Sad actually, such a nice board. :(

Definitely better than Gigacrap.lol.

The latest bios was released in Dec, 2007, so they are still actively supporting it. Note that it does officially support the G0 1333MHz FSB cpus, so I think there is a good chance it will at least support the Wolfdales, similar to the 680i situation. I would think that it would boot and run fine with the Wolfdales, but it may think they are 65nm cpus, but who cares if it runs and overclocks. The Yorkfields may be another matter, since they changed the internal circuitry (which is causing the problem for the nvidia chipsets)

I may be mistaken, but I thought in the early days of the RD600 chipset release, it was touted as having 45nm support. :confused: Of course, DFI would have to allow it in the bios, but as before they already have 1333 support, so it is not that far of a stretch.

Yea, we can only hope and see.

I wouldn't get a Quad anyway, as I think that the benefit from a Quad is so negligible that it just does not make sense in terms of temps + overclocking fun.lol.

Sign in to follow this