Help System Preform Better

Drako

OUCH, That hurts. I need some ideas to better my system preformance without having to buy a new system. I have a Geforce fx 5200 graphics card, with 128 mb ddr ram. It is over clocked to 277 core clock and 456 memory clock using 3D preformance. My CPU is intel celeron 1.3 ghz, not overclocked. system ram = 384, any ideas?

oh dear...you won't improve it too much with an fx5200 and a celeron!! Sorry man but some systems... just aren't meant to be benchmarked (no diss to you! hehe) Check to make sure you have AA and AF off.

As far as my res, it is 1152x864 @ 32 Bit

AA and AF? Are you refering to Antialiasing settings and Anisotropic Filtering? If so I have them set for Application controlled. Oh yea, as far as cooling it should be stable. I have a stock heatsink and fan on the CPU but about 3 days ago I added a shot of AS5 to it. I also removed the fan off of the GPU and added AS5.

Edited by Drako

If I turn them off will that make preformance better and quality worse? Right now i have everything set up for quality. I think I am going to change everything around to preformance and see what I get. Ill let ya know when im done. Ok, I changed everything to Preformance and not Quality. I underclocked it back to stock, 250 core and 400 mem and my 3DMark03 score is 823... There has to be something i can do to make this better. Also, what is the top scores for 3DMark03?

Edited by Drako

oh dear...you won't improve it too much with an fx5200 and a celeron!!

I agree, especially about the 5200. Because 3dmark03 is so graphics card intensive, that celeron may not hurt you too much...but that fx5200 is just going to kill you. The reason I say your cpu isn't TOO bad is because I benchmarked a comp at compusa (yes, it actually had 3dmark03 on it) that was running a p4 2.4 and an fx5200 ultra, and it scored 800-something.

Anyway, the single biggest way to improve performance is to get a new video card. For a comparison, when I had my Duron @ 1.33 Ghz (may he rest in peace) with my 9700pro, I would score about 4400.

Well I just bought this card about 2 or 3 months ago and I payed way to much for it. I didnt research, I just wanted something other than onboard graphics. I am looking at ebay and I see alot of cards in the $50 range that seem to be pretty good by reviews. Which would yall reccomend, a GeForce 4 Ti series or a GeForce 3 Ti 500. I would like the FX 5950 but they are just way to much for me. I have heard alot of contreversary between ATI and Nvidia, from what I see, the games I play use NVidia and Id like to stick with it.

slugbug3311, The GeForce 5200 is a Direct x 9 card, and I am running Dx9b

Edited by Drako