Sign in to follow this  
Guest LookBackX2_merged

6400+ 2 years old and similar stepping to my 939 Opty?

Guest LookBackX2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.as...+125W+Processor

I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed the stepping on these "new" procs is very similar to the CCBBE's of the 939 days. I would expect the 4th place to change since the mem controller is for ddr2, but is that all that is different?

Is a Windsor core simply a Toledo with ddr2 support?:confused:

Yeah yeah, I know about the Core 2's :eek2:so don't ask why I care, just curious.

assuming both in dual core runnings, they are pretty much the same, except for DDR2 runnings and the AM2 pin array...

side by side one would be hard pressed to see, feel, observe any significant differences in performance....

laterzzz....

I am not sure either but my 3600 and 4000 are both CAAFG stepping and both of my 5000's are real close to that...:)

not sure what you mean by this....

Most all of them AMD says will go to a multi of 24 but most only make it to 16-18 but they do seem to scale higher on multi than they do on fsb for speed alone...

thats exactly what i mean... my opteron with 9 multi didnt want to go as high as say, my 3800 with 10 multi.:tooth: whereas the 180 opterons and better g further, even on crappy steppings because they dont have to pull off 334fsb/htt