xfx 8800gt low overclock?

oafaloaf

Still a nice oc...even for the mem. I'd love to see your 3d score in my g92 3dmark score thread, if you'd like. And yeah, water does "sort of" take care of that...lol. Both your systems are nicely balanced component-wise. I wish I'd gotten your board and cpu though. I'll be posting mine later. Almost done with 1/2life ep2...heh.

edit; g92 thread deleted.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same card with stock cooling

685 is where I am at as well.

But card runs cool and quiet compared to the earlier models with smaller fan.

maybe it's something aftermarket cooling can improve.

NiBiToR 3.7 says the card is already at 1.1v (extra) in the bios.

no more voltage to give.

I actually didn't notice much increase from stock clocks to 685/975 in Benchmarks.

I'm still very pleased with the card.

Still a nice oc...even for the mem. I'd love to see your 3d score in my g92 3dmark score thread, if you'd like. And yeah, water does "sort of" take care of that...lol. Both your systems are nicely balanced component-wise. I wish I'd gotten your board and cpu though. I'll be posting mine later. Almost done with 1/2life ep2...heh.

I must have missed that thread.

Oh, and the board I have sucks. The 680i board are fundamentally flawed. I should have gone with a p35 board at least.

I finished 1/2life ep2. Way too short...only hard time i had was the major battle with striders at the end. I'm not the greatest gamer, and had some trouble with those dam hunters protecting the striders, but finally managed by setting the difficulty to easy..even then it was a bit difficult...lame, i know...lol.

Now my next game lined up is Stalker, but after reading all the posts about it, it seems like something i might not like much. Definatly getting Crysis, considering either World in Conflict or bioshock or both. Yeah, Crysis is next. :)

Edit; I deleted that g92 c3dmark '03 thread. I didn't see much sense in it and it just seemed....kinda irrelevent. Having a hard time deciding on my next game. Reading good things about cod4, but seems way too short for the $$, crysis not much different than farcry, didn't like farcray much...don't like games with a lot of "objectives, or negotiating". My fav all time is 1/2 life2. Might try fear again...never did finish it for some reason.

Same card with stock cooling

685 is where I am at as well.

But card runs cool and quiet compared to the earlier models with smaller fan.

maybe it's something aftermarket cooling can improve.

NiBiToR 3.7 says the card is already at 1.1v (extra) in the bios.

no more voltage to give.

I actually didn't notice much increase from stock clocks to 685/975 in Benchmarks.

I'm still very pleased with the card.

It's a different card. The gts g92 has 128 shaders and the gt has 112 shaders

No prob bud, i make my share of mistakes. :)

Splave, I didn't realize if you oc'ed the card in that order gets you the best oc. Nice to know. Where did you learn that? I might learn some more where you found that out.

Wow...thraxz, nice oc. So far I've been able to get mine up to 775/1800/1100 with no artifacts and a '06 score of 11,933. But I'm trying to get into playing Stalker, so i put a mild oc of about 750/1800/1025 and i was getting atrifacting triangles all over the place. I put it back on stock setting and it ran great and everything still looked the same...good graphics.

Must be crappy code. Took 'em about 6 years to make that game i hear. Graphics are very nice, but i don't think it's going to last long...lol. Somebody here said to oc the shader 1st, then core, then mem. Is that how you did it, do you think it matters which you oc 1st?

And last, but not least, am i seeing double? :nod: