What the cheapest psu to run 8800 gpu?

I recently purchased the Corsair TX750W PSU for my personal primary rig. I must say I'm fairly well impressed (enough so that I put my trusty OCZ GameXStream 700W unit aside and into backup status for now).

The Corsair unit has solid power rails, plenty of watts and amps on the 12v line and just looks pretty industrious. Nothing fancy here, no nice led fan, no fancy paint job, no over the edge graphics, just a plain jane great working psu.

When I was considering the purchase it was between the PC&C 750W and this Corsair 750W - I chose the Corsair because of the rebate, and I'm glad that I did.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using this PSU in my HTPC for the past year or so with zero problems. I know you said you are wanting to do SLI, but if decide against it this is a great cheap PSU. For $45 bucks you can't go wrong with this one. There is also a 500W version for another $10.

Rig list....

3800X2

8800GTS640

2GB RAM

1 SATA HDD

1 Optical Drive

A8N SLI MOBO

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16817104953

Hi all, just got an email from a company selling psu's among other things pc, I asked what the amp rating on the 12v rail is on one unit and this is his response:

"it has 2 x 12v rails 21a and 18a so its above if you ad them together"

Is that right, how do you add two rails together?

He is just stating that the PSU has a total rated amperage of 39A if you look at the combined total output of both rails.

The rails cannot be paired together to create a single 39A rail, if that is what you think you heard him say.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...