Sign in to follow this  
neilcha

clock speeds

Right my new card came today and first try it did not work again so i tried everything with no joy , i tried reseting the CMOS with no joy i even tried taking the little battery out and doing the CMOS clear , then after hours of staring at it i have found that my case is slightly out of shape so the gpu card was not sitting in the pcie slot properly so i had to bend the metal fixing a mm upwards and it fitted in right then i tried rebooting the pc would not start up , it goes through all the post then at the post screen where you can press del to enter bios it freezes , if i press del straight away after the beeps it says at bottom entering set-up but goes no further, its as if there is no bios there to even enter. please any ideas im at my wits end with this, im not bothered about sli anymore i just want a working pc but as i said it wont go past the post screen. please help .

Sounds like it's time to throw your current m/b in the lake and start fresh :(

But seriously, if I were in your shoes, I'd pull everything out of the case, put the m/b on a non-static surface and do a minimal hardware build. While your in the process of doing this go ahead and move your cmos jumper to the clear position and remove the m/b battery and leave it like that until you're ready to fire the thing back up outside of the case.

right i have just begged and borrowd and built a crappy p3 rig 128mb ram 10gb hgg 32mb graphics, but its not that slow,lol.

anyway i will try what you say and let you know .cheers

Tried doing a min build with no joy at all same screen freeze . :sad::sad:

right i have had to sell my PNY gpu so i could buy a new m/board, i have bought a New ASUS P5K AiLifestyle Series 775 p35. please tell me this was a good choice ? as long as i can o/c to 3.0ghz im happy . :)

I'll let an Asus guru take over from here. I've never used either of the two Asus boards you mentioned above.

cancelled that order , the asus p5k does not support raid using internal ports only the external port which is no good , so im getting a gigabyte p35 DS4 , hope thats a good choice ?

so im getting a gigabyte p35 DS4 , hope thats a good choice ?

I think so :)

can not believe this , just got an email to say the gigabyte board is not in stock for 3 weeks , so im now having a ABIT IP35 Dark Raider 775 . they have it in stock and are sending it out to me today , ive read some bits on the abit board and it reads ok so we shall see.

can not believe this , just got an email to say the gigabyte board is not in stock for 3 weeks , so im now having a ABIT IP35 Dark Raider 775 . they have it in stock and are sending it out to me today , ive read some bits on the abit board and it reads ok so we shall see.

Is the Dark Raider a scaled down or UK version of the ABIT IP35 Pro?

the striker has been laid to rest , hoping on a rma , waiting for the abit ip35 DR to arrive .never had a abit board before so i dont know much about them .

I don't know anything specific about that particular Abit board, but the socket939 and socket754 builds I did with them worked out just fine.

Never had a complaint.

I think you'll be ok.