NVIDIA 9800GX2 is almost here!

likewhoa

Eh, I really wish they would have put forth the effort to put both GPUs on one PCB. I'm more looking forward to the 3870 X2 card that should also be out soon, they're running everything on one PCB. Those GX2 cards are a classy lady for aftermarket cooling also...I hope they actually have good support for Quad SLI this time around.

Hopefully they will get there drivers sorted out by then. Wasnt it the quad sli 7 series that was a huge bust? If my memory serves me correct.

Yeah, nVidia was late in getting quad-SLI drivers for the 7900GX2 out the door, so for the most part they faded into obscurity; by the time they released the 7950GX2 most people didn't really care due to the issues with it's predecessor.

I sure hope that isn't going to be what the final 9800's look like. Blazing speeds aside......those things are freaking ugly. Those two cards look at home in computer case as much as two VCR's would. I need form and function when spending a fortune on top of the line gear:) HDMI......oh joy.

Yeah, nVidia was late in getting quad-SLI drivers for the 7900GX2 out the door, so for the most part they faded into obscurity; by the time they released the 7950GX2 most people didn't really care due to the issues with it's predecessor.

Exactly what i remembered, but it is a great idea as long as they do enough testing to make sure it is fairly stable and free of stupid issues. :eek2: