Wow, where else would we get our New Intel build recommendations?

Jachyra007

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest element
I still think you overdid it with that CPU for her, my E2160 OCs to 3.36GHz with my DS3L.. hell a E2140 for $75 can probably hit 3GHz on air. I would have rather spent the extra money on the LCD.

Just about to do a proper orthos run at 3GHz on my E2140. So far been using it for a month with out issue.

I still think you overdid it with that CPU for her, my E2160 OCs to 3.36GHz with my DS3L.. hell a E2140 for $75 can probably hit 3GHz on air. I would have rather spent the extra money on the LCD.

Yes, but that would have opened him up for the inevitable "why did you build a better rig for yourself than you did for me, you selfish, tightwad a-hole - no kitty for you for at least two months!" :)

I think Jach did the strategically proper thing to make sure this girl is still his girlfriend after the new builds are done :)

Unless of course he went the E2160 route for both of them and then bought two nicer LCD's.

heh...just like backseat drivers...Only after the purchase is made do I get the big debate over parts :P Thanks Wevsspot, at least someone defended my position ;)

I didn't realize that the e2xxx series can clock up higher than the e6xxx series, otherwise it might have been a different story. Thats ~$200 savings...ah well. They arn't open yet, so we'll see what happens. How high are ppl clocking the e6xxx series?

The E6750's are supposed to be very good overclockers. I can't vouch for that personally since I still can't afford a new m/b and an E6750 to go along with it.

But I've had the E6750 and/or Q6600 in my crosshairs for a few months now. Just waiting for my penny jar to overflow.

Seriously, all debate aside about the parts you've already purchased, in my opinion you've invested in some really nice gear that should keep both you and your girlfriend happy for a while.