DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R on off then on (New build)

Specs:

DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R

Q6700

4GB (2x2gb) OCZ Reaper HPC CL4

ATI X850XT PCI-E

Antec Smart Power 450w

This is my first Intel rig, anyway, my concern is my PSU doesnt have the 8-pin 12v (or 5v - whatever connection that is, by the CPU) Instead it has the 4 pin. However the manual clearly states if your powersupply doesn't have the 8pin connection, just plug the 4 pin in.

What happens is I turn on the system, with the Power button on the MB. No DIAG LEDS turn on, fans spin, everything runs.. No POST/BIOS, the machine turns off, then turns itself back on. Still, no video.

I'm about to go to frys and buy a new Power supply just to rule that out, or try a PCI video card. Any help ASAP would be great, thanks in advance.

Problem is almost certainly the PSU; 450W is way underpowered, especially for a system of that caliper.

Well thats a lovely feeling, haha.

Its not the video card I just tried another.. I figured its the PSU.

Hope Fry's Prices are competitive with Newegg, I dont want to wait any longer :(

Well I wouldn't know how their prices compare to newegg; but usually brick-and-mortar stores charge more than online retailers, in some cases it can be justified by having it immediately, most of the time the stores mark things so far up it's ridiculous.

All in all, somethings don't sit right with me. I'd think a 450 watt PSU should be able to at least power on and POST a quad core, and a video card.

I dont have any other devices like HDD's CD-roms and other things connected.

A split second power flash when you hit the power button is a typical sign of a dead (or underpowered) PSU. DFI motherboards are very demanding in terms of power; in fact, the NF4 boards required a min 480W. Also, Antec is not regarded as a great PSU maker.

If I were you, I'd look into a 600-700W unit; the OCZ GXS 600W or Corsair hX620 would both be good choices.

Quite normal for that board to turn on...count to 25 on the Post code reader, power off, then power back on, but you should get video after the second power on.

Try clearing the CMOS and posting with just 1 stick of your ram, test all the sticks to see if any one of them lets you post and get video.

Again, it is normal for the board to turn on, turn itself off, then on again. Many Intel boards do this, its the only way to adjust the Northbridge strap.

ive let the battery drain for 24hours last night.

the rig has bee nout of the case with just barebones attached since the start.

I'm going with a dead motherboard at this point, and i've resat the CPU and resat the ram maybe 20 times, in every slot possible.

I've tried useing Corsair XMS, my OCZ, and some A-Data ram. No luck.

I've gotten some "8J" looking things a few times...but thats it, i've also tried a few PCI video cards.