NewEgg's New Processing Policy

Praz

I always asked for my money back if the rush processing didn't work out, which happened quite a lot and they always made good for it. I stopped adding rush processing a year or so ago, since I noticed it happening more and more often. If they can't guarantee it they should just get rid of that option completely.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Forget rush processing. They are only a couple of hours away from not meeting their stated policy of normal shipping time. And this is after two phone calls and a live chat session. I've kept my mouth shut up to this point as to the things that have been changing involving their business model. But between this incident, the complaints I've been seeing lately involving RMA returns, their computerized intelligent pricing scheme (or should I say scam) and a few other things that are surfacing it may be getting close to the time to do an article.

One other thing that I have gripes with newegg about is that they dropped FedEx as their primary carrier. Initially the FedEx rates were about the same as what they were charging for UPS, but they've started charging more and more for FedEx. Based on my experience FedEx delivers packages a day faster than UPS and they arrive in better condition. I've told them this on numerous occasions but they don't seem to want to do anything about it.

Thanks for the heads up. Its a shame but that is usually the trend when places get big service usually suffers. Also in todays society big business likes to save and cut back anywhere possible. Any business person knows one of the biggest costs is the employee so maybe they have started a restructuring and either put a hold on hiring or cut some of the workforce to boost profits. I have seen it in the multi billion dollar company I use to work for It isn't pretty but its a good short term way to raise profits. :sad:

I love the way they handle their Preferred Account orders (yea right). They give you a discount for using the Preferred Account and then take it right back by automatically tacking on the "Rush Order Processing Fee".

Actually I've found that as long as my orders are placed before noon PST generally the order ships within 24 hours. In my location, as long as the parts ship from the Memphis warehouse I'll generally have the parts in my hand within two days of the order being placed (and several times the very next day).

But one thing I'm seeing a bunch more of, is parts purchased both retail and oem that have been returned by other customers. I've complained to their customer service about it over the phone and in writing. The final straw was when I purchased the same item twice in a row and both times I received the hardware it was readily apparent it had already been installed on someone else's computer. At that point I resorted to posting my complaint in the user review section at NewEgg's site. The first post they conveniently deleted, the second time I posted I threatened to copy and paste the exact review at every online forum I visited. Magically, that one remains to this day?

At any rate, bless Corsair's hearts, they offered to replace the items if I would return it directly to them.

I used to purchase exclusively from the Egg as long as they had the item in stock. But anymore I find myself shopping around based on price, delivery performance and RMA policies and practices.

wevsspot

I've heard the same from other people also. Seems the only time returned items are sold as returned/open box is when it's blatantly obvious that the item in questions was previously sold.

This drive is going to remain ordered to see how this plays out. Just got off the phone with them again. Here are the facts as I'm being told.

There is a problem at the warehouse delaying shipment. It affects all orders being pulled from that location. It's not possible to ship a drive from another warehouse. Cannot be given any time or date the drive may ship. Will refund my shipping costs.

My response was that any item that had to be shipped from that warehouse should be considered out of stock. Was told in NewEgg's view that would not be a prudent business decision.

I was told the above only after asking to speak to management so that I could get their side of things for the article I was going to write. And this was after being placed on hold. So I guess the person I was talking with had to go find out what should be said. I would have thought they would have came up with something better then this though.

hrmm

never once used the "Rush Processing" nonsense, so I can't complain about it. Checking back through all my purchases (thanks to momma for being my accountant!), looks like I've ordered somewhere in the order of $121,000 worth of goods from Newegg in the last 5 years. In all of those orders, I can remember off the top of my head maybe 3 times I've had to contact customer service.

Two were for RMA's on dead items (hard drives, naturally), and once was a printer my brother ordered that came with a free 2GB memory stick that they forgot to include (a phone call cured it within 30 seconds).

I'm not saying Newegg is faultless, but I am saying that in 5+ years I've ordered probably 10x more than anyone else here and have never had any issues, which is why I promote them as heavily as I possibly can.

Keep in mind as companies get larger, it gets harder to keep that same great level of customer service. I use Newegg ALMOST (not quite though) exclusively, especially for my business customer needs (who typically make up the bulk of my spending as businesses order 5 cpu's and 5 kits of RAM and 5 psu's all at the same time instead of piecemeal like most of us normal home customers do).

I hope the newegg guy will show up here. I also hope that you guys take Praz's words seriously, but at the same time, realize that a few bad instances are going to happen with ANY company (hey, remember DFI? yeah, I just heard a huge collective groan about all the dirty dealings some of you have had with them).

Newegg is still the best company on the internet in my opinion. I've yet to find anyone better.

Maybe if I ever used the "rush" thing I might feel differently, but here's the Angry Rule:

if something has to be here NOW NOW NOW NOW because a customer NEEDS it desperately, I go to Best Buy or another local shop. Customer is paying for it, and I alert customer...hey, that 160GB replacement drive you need? 3-5 days from newegg = $59, but I have to get it today at Best Buy for $149 if you REALLY got to have it now.

Anytime you need something NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW, you pay for it dearly.

Keep that in mind.

Just got done talking with NewEgg. Issue solved. I should have the drive by end of business Tuesday. As Schoolslave has said, "Great Service". Rush processing, 2nd day shipping and it will be here right at a week later from a warehouse that is 5 hours from here. Think I'll go order some more stuff real quick. Maybe I can even pay 20%-40% over normal cost thanks to the automated intelligent pricing.

Twice, I made the mistake of ordering from case-mod.com. They have really great prices on seasonic power supplies, but each time the order would be placed on a Thursday/Friday, and still had not shipped by Friday of the FOLLOWING week, resulting in me having to send a nasty email on the next Monday morning, always getting some lame excuse reply and the item being shipped a few days later. Total time to get an item would usually involve three weeks minimum.

I later found out that this is a part time business for someone, and they run it on the evening and weekends. :rolleyes:

I guess that at least explains the low prices. LOL.

I did not mind the three weeks so much as having to get upset and use a cattle prod to get an update. :mad:

Yeah the Rush thing never appealed to me especially since they say "we will try". Which roughly translates to "we probably won't".

I would still hold Newegg at the top of my list though. I double ordered $1100 worth of stuff and they took it back without a single penny to my cost. For that I was truly grateful .