Sign in to follow this  
Praz

NewEgg's New Processing Policy

lol...

I suggested a year ago to A_G about a Newegg rep coming here...they do it at alot of forums now....

To tell you the truth I havent been fond of newegg's shipping service since the FedEx switch for normal shipping....

When I 1st started using newegg I would get 3-day shipping from Cali. now the samething takes almost a full 7day from the time I click the purchase button....a whole 5 more days...

I have complained but it does no good...even the Tenn. terminal takes a honest 4 days...I could drive there and back in the same day...but what the hell....

Just strikes me funny how shipping works...I can send it snail mail and usually everyone gets their goods in 2 days with cheapo-priority mail....but newegg cant get it out in time?

the good thing is I get next day service from Tiger Direct lately....I have been very impressed even though they are almost 2 states over if I order it before 5pm it's been here before 5pm next day with regular shipping....

I think this may cause some issue for newegg if this kind of service keeps up....

Maybe they are getting to big to take care of us like they did when they 1st started....or did they forget we all put them where they are now.....?

We can surely take them down a notch or 2 if need be by not buying from there and sending letters....but not until I get my RMA back...;)

I've noticed the exact same phenomenon doc; I've called them on numerous occasions and b***hed about the shipping issues since they adopted UPS as their primary carrier. Not only does UPS take longer to deliver the packages, but they've gotten slower in shipping things out since then.

To tell you the truth I havent been fond of newegg's shipping service since the FedEx switch for normal shipping....

worst mistake newegg ever made. FedEx ruled...low-cost shipping, always ALWAYS at my door in 48 hours or less...

UPS...if you search the off topic section you'll see my feelings on Uncaring Package Smashers and how crappy they are, how much I hate them, how I wish their entire company would burn to the ground.

Newegg is still my #1 choice though, and probably always will be.

I don't remember doc saying we should get a newegg rep in this forum. I think he's been smoking some package filler or something.

Guest anewb ie

I've had them be a bit slow shipping items in the past (never paid for rush). I simply plan for it - for example I need a couple of memory cards next weekend (in 10 days). I ordered yesterday knowing full well this order could take anywhere from one day to a week depending on how long it takes them to ship it and from which warehouse they use. As long as it arrives by the 18th I could care less how long it takes.

Yes I think the rush charge is a bit silly. I think it would be nice if they provide a guarantee 'ship today' option for those who wish to pay for that option.

The reason I use newegg are that there prices on most things (not all) are very good; they have been reliable for the past 6 or so years I used them and returns are not an issue if there is a problem (never returned an item just because i didn't want it - so don't know about that route).

Time to wrap this up. The hard drive arrived Tuesday just as NewEgg said it would. Backtracking a bit, one week delivery isn't so much the issue as it is the result.

So NewEgg was having some type of difficulty at that particular warehouse that resulted in no orders leaving there that entire week, maybe longer. To be fair it must be noted that any company can have this type of issue. What isn't fair, or for that matter boarders on dishonesty, is continually accepting orders under the pretext that they would be delivered in an amount of time consistent with the Rush Order Fee and the method of delivery paid for. Not being able to ship an item for an undetermined amount of time is no different then it being out of stock As such, that should have been noted during the ordering process. If that was beyond the capability of NewEgg's automated system then a followup email , phone call or some other notification should have been used to inform the customer. Although personally I feel this would be well within the capabilities of their system considering how good it is at raising prices based on the number of page hits vs actual purchases an item receives.

It took several days of countless phone calls to finally be told the truth. And at that time was also told the Rush Order Fee and shipping charges would be refunded, which to this day has not happened.

I was contacted by a NewEgg rep that has a presence on another forum. After explaining what had transpired he said he would find out what was going on and get back to me. Guess I should have asked when because I'm still waiting for that to happen.

As UPS has been brought up in this thread I'll touch on that too. This order was sent 2nd day delivery. It left NewEgg's warehouse Friday morning. The warehouse is five hours from here so it was at the depot that afternoon, which is approximately ninety miles away. Looking back at the beginning of this post a person may wonder why it was delivered on Tuesday and not Monday. UPS, because of their commitment to customer service, wants to insure the customer gets exactly what they pay for. So the delivery was held for a day so that it would be on time.

NewEgg got where they are because of customer service and more then competitive pricing. Today things are a bit different. More times then not, especially with the use of their intelligent pricing software artificially inflating the price of popular items, better deals can be found elsewhere. Items need to be inspected carefully when received to insure that they are new and not previously sold. Legitimate RMAs are becoming increasingly difficult for the average consumer. Regardless of fees paid or shipping method chosen it's a best-guess when the item will actually ship. And to top it all off, with no real options available, the customer is at the mercy of UPS.

There was mention of contacting NewEgg as to the possibility of someone from their company having a presence here on the forum. As this incident clearly shows, unless one is naive enough to believe each part of this is a single isolated incident, NewEgg's presence on a forum is completely useless.

And UPS? There's not much I can say about them. Each and every day they live up to the reputation they have worked so hard to establish.

Yep, UPS has held most of the packages from the NY warehouse for 3 says, so that I get "what I paid for".

I regularly see UPS hold a package for 24+ hours at one location just so that they can deliver it on the scheduled ("estimated") delivery date; and waht pisses me off is when there's a delay further down the line resulting in the packages being delivered over a day late.

I’ve been following this post. Praz, I’m sorry about your inconveniences. I never used the “Rush Service” on any order. I always thought it was a gimmick anyway.

I have made thousands of transactions online and through snail mail. From the old trading BB, forums and eBay to mail order catalogs. Not just computer stuff either. I have had very few problems and all but two were resolved 100%. Those two were on eBay by the way. Any major online or mail order company I’ve dealt with I’ve been 99.9% satisfied with from start to finish. Even the part I was not satisfied with was just being picky. Even then most of those online computer companies were blasted on this forum. I would get into the details on which ones.

All I can say I hold no expectations on anything ordered online or through the mail. It all comes thought the mail. For this it is all subject human interaction, therefore subject to errors.

For this it is all subject human interaction, therefore subject to errors.

I agree. And this could have been the same in this instance. If it wasn't for the fact that they blatantly took money for products they had no time frame of being able to ship and then had a dozen different story lines for excuses with not one of them being the truth. One thing needs to remembered about this. We're not discussing one particular order. By their own admission it was every order that was place for at least that entire week leaving that warehouse. Oh, and what about the reimbursement that was being done while I was on the phone with them.

Oh, and what about the reimbursement that was being done while I was on the phone with them.

I had a similar issue just recently as well :(

Silverstone for some reason didn't want to honor a $40 MIR; so I called NewEgg and they said their RMA department would investigate it and I should hear back within 1-2 days; 2 weeks later I hadn't received a response so they said they'd go ahead and refund that amount and it should post within 3-5 days; after 1.5 weeks I didn't see any record of it, so another call and they said yes it had been authorized and she'll go ahead and issue the reimbursement which should appear within 24-72 hours, that ended up going through within an hour.

All I can say is give them another call; even so they should take care of these things immediately.

I also agree that if there's an issue at the warehouse they should at least issue a statement to that effect on their homepage (preferably on the pages for products that ship from that warehouse as well) and possibly list them as out of stock/unavailable.

I remember the good old days when they used exclusively FedEx, items would be shipped the same day (next business day at the latest, and that was without rush processing) and it was delivered in 2 days (estimated was 3 days); with UPS it's at least 3 days transit.

Guest anewb ie

Fyi: The order I mentioned above (placed on tuesday) arrived today. So at least for me things were very speedy. Placed an order tuesday (regular shipping, not rushed) and it arrived this afternoon about 30 hours after placing the order. Mind you it was a very small order (two compact flash) but still ...

Sign in to follow this